• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What about ME?- documentary

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
from their blogspot:

Questionnaire on the documentary
Hello, all. We have put together a questionnaire on the documentary. We would love to have your input, so if you would like to download the questionnaire, fill it in and send it back to doubledmedocs@googlemail.com we would appreciate it!

click here to download the questionnaire

Hope everyone is doing well!

I just filled it out. It is quite easy to do. It took me a little effort to figure out how to email it. I had to "save" before it attached my answers.

kit

I filled it out too. Thanks Frank. Where do we send pictures to? Btw, the trailer is excellent! Very exciting!

dipic

Will this work? (see attached photo)

Not sure if I have the originals. If they need to be separate it's pretty easy to do so in any photo editing software.

Where do I send this (and the questionnaire) to?

Attachments

• beforeaftersick..jpg
    beforeaftersick..jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 19

dipic

"WHAT ABOUT ME?" Second Teaser Trailer

Apologies if this has already been posted or if there is already a designated thread for this topic, but a second trailer has been released for the current in production ME/CFS documentary "WHAT ABOUT ME?"

It can be viewed here:
http://vimeo.com/12284015

Or here, along with the first trailer on crew's website:
http://www.whataboutme.biz/

I won't say much as I'll let the trailer do most of the talking for itself but what I will say is that I am super impressed with what I've seen so far from these guys and excited that such an excellent ME/CFS documentary is currently in the making.

Oh, btw, if you had submitted "before and after" photos to their email (or facebook, site, whatever) a few weeks ago, they may included at the end of this trailer. (They go by fast but I was able to spot mine. :Retro wink:)

Kati

Patient in training
It is a fabulous trailer- I shared it on my facebook to all to see. The silence has to stop, the stigma has to fall. We need to be public about this.

A

AndreaPring

This documentary promises to be a real ball-breaker. In fact I don't think there's ever been such a promising documentary that encompasses the whole field from dirty politics to patient demise - 1980's-present day. Very impressed with it.

Jerry S

This is what we need. I'm glad to see that the filmmakers are doing such a great job. I think this film is going to make a difference.

Thanks for posting this, dipic. Thanks, Kati. You're right.

kit

This is what we need. I'm glad to see that the filmmakers are doing such a great job. I think this film is going to make a difference.

Thanks for posting this, dipic. Thanks, Kati. You're right.

Ditto. This is so encouraging to see. :victory:

jimbob

ME/CFS84-XMRV+
Thanks Depic, I hadn't seen the USA one. Seeing Annette's daughter made me sad, I've never seen her before. It makes me so pissed off at what's gone on for the last 30-40 yrs!

Alexia

It looks really well done. I'm impressed! I just hope they will have funds enough to make the documentary.

V99

These guys put every tv company to shame. It's fantastic. I really think we are about to see a real change.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Great trailer! And hopefully a great film

However, did anyone else notice that they spelled Mikovits wrong, as Milkowits?
That's not good. They need to correct that... so I dropped them a note about it.

ixchelkali

The interviews are great. This is so well done, really high quality. I can't wait to see the movie. I wish I could contribute to the funding to make it happen.

I have one tiny quibble: am I the only one who found the wiggly/shimmery letters hard to read? Dreambirdie, how did you contact them? I might mention that as a suggestion to them.

Brilliant, I can't wait to see this on UK TV. Recommend everyone watch these two vids.

Do we have a TV room? Might be good to collect up all the best (advocacy) video links somewhere...maybe part of the new wiki...

dipic

I have one tiny quibble: am I the only one who found the wiggly/shimmery letters hard to read?
I really have to totally agree with this. They have this sort of (shimmering) water theme going on (just look at their site), and I just really don't think it's appropriate or makes sense for the film they are doing. Maybe they thought it would be a neat effect, and it sort of is but, again, I just don't feel it really fits with the subject matter or even the tone so much. And yes, they are a bit hard to read at points as well, though part of that could be because the resolution of the vid is so small. That shouldn't be a problem with a full (hopefully HD or just below sub HD) release.

In any case, I hope they change that text effect for the final movie.

Oh, and you can contact them at: doubledmedocs@googlemail.com
Or drop them a message on their facebook page if you have one: http://www.facebook.com/pages/WHAT-ABOUT-ME/105992479431834

I hope they come visit here; I know they've been here before. Would be nice if we could maybe have a thread to provide them with some constructive criticism. Just a thought.

what about me? - Trailers - Transcript

hi all,

i want to ask if an English transcript for the trailers is available. We would very much like to do German subtitles and a transcript would make that a lot easier.

Thanks,
martina