• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Questions on Quiksilver IMD Powder

pemone

I am trying out the Quicksilver Scientific IMD Powder, which is a bile binder for mercury intended to help speed up normal elimination from the gastrointestinal system. The instructions on the label are vague, and there is no patient instruction page for the supplement. Are we supposed to take IMD at the start of a meal, in the middle, or at the end?

What I am experiencing is that if I take it at the start of a meal, I get a lot of reactions. Specifically I have a horrible ringing in ears and labored breathing, both of which over time I have suspected of being possible symptoms of my disease, possibly mercury related. If I have the IMD powder in middle of large meals, I get fewer reactions.

Since IMD Powder is a double thiol bound to silica that is NOT supposed to go into the bloodstream or leave the gut, how is it possible to get these systemic reactions to it at all?

Last edited:

pemone

Like all companies dealing with biological sciences and humans these days, Quicksilver alternates between refusing to talk to you at all and occasionally sharing information. It depends on who you talk to, but the front desk is brutal.

The best explanation I got was that the thiols in IMD powder result in a lower blood level of mercury, which then causes mercury to seep out of tissues by osmosis. This osmotic extraction of mercury from the tissues is what causes symptoms. This only applies if you have a mercury issue.

I guess I have some skepticism that IMD could lower blood levels of mercury so quickly, given that it is a bile binder and does not directly access the blood.

I've just ordered this IMD and expect to start it in the next few days.
Very limited patient info online about it but if it does what it says it would seem it has the potential to be a very helpful product.
Let's hope I get some good results.

Hanna

I think it is the same product (from Chris Shade) that Klinghardt uses under the name microsilica (wrote this but where? sorry don't remember). Perhaps you may have more info from Klinghardt patients. Just a thought.

pemone

Is it the intestinal cleanse? Check the bottom of this page:
https://www.quicksilverscientific.com/solutions/imd-intestinal-cleanse

Irene, it looks like they renamed the product to IMD Intestinal Cleanse.

It's a bile binder, so it helps guarantee elimination of mercury that comes out of liver in the bile.

Seems like a very smart product and less intrusive than a chelator. I personally believe that this is a good way to start a protocol, then wait a few months and retest, before starting DMSA.

I am not clear on how IMD could remove mercury from the brain however.... If anyone has data on that I would love to see it.

@pemone they don't actually claim that IMD removes Mercury from the brain, only the GI tract. Theory goes that as more is pulled from the GI tract more will migrate to there to be cleared. If you look at the wider quicksilver protocol it incorporated the R form ALA in a liposomal vitamin c combo so hard where you're going to get movements out from behind the blood brain barrier and IMD should mop up some of what's redistributed

pemone

Having studied the Cutler protocol, I think the way Quicksilver uses R-ALA is very dangerous. Personally, I think it was a similar incorrect use of ALA that may have made me ill initially.

vortex

I know this is an old thread, but my thoughts are, why not use chlorella instead which will bind mercury in the gut?