• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Taking niacin and flushing 3 hours later?

A zombie

anyone know what's going on here?I don't think my digestion is THAT slow as Itake other sups that i know take effect right away (for instance when i wake in the middle of the night and cant get back to sleep, a few seriphos will do the trick)

A zombie

flushing isn't bad but i just fond it strange that i'm flushing 3 or more hours later.i'm taking a high dose 250 mgs, my sup is 500 mg and i split it (seeking health)

Kimsie

flushing isn't bad but i just fond it strange that i'm flushing 3 or more hours later.i'm taking a high dose 250 mgs, my sup is 500 mg and i split it (seeking health)
How long it takes to flush depends on a number of factors, such as how much food is in your stomach and how much exposure to allergens you have at the moment if you have allergies. In our family 250 mg is a low dose (we don't have CFS/ME or sensitivity to supplements). My husband has sometimes even had no flushing with a dose of 500 mg when his allergen exposure was high (he takes it for seasonal asthma).