• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

From Moscow -- 5 Minutes of Delightful Entertainment

Wayne

Just received this email. Watching the 5-min. video lifted my spirits, so thought I'd share it here in case anybody else might find it entertaining or uplifting. It's always nice to see joy in the world!
-
This dancing is filmed on Moscow's “overlook” in Sparrow Hills. Looking down from the “overlook” you see the largest stadium in Russia (140k capacity). The ski jump is for practice and training; if you make a mistake, you end up in the river below. The church at the end opposite to the ski jump is Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church and it's beautiful. The large building on the opposite side of the road beside the overlook is the Moscow State University and the top of the tall center tower has one of the Kremlin stars.

Try to not smile as you watch this -- but you will. It is a nice, gentle clip. “Putting on the Ritz” in Moscow, no less! What a crazy, delightful, ever-changing world! Who could have thought that in 2015 young people in Moscow would put on a "flash mob" happening, dancing to an 83-year-old American song, written by a Russian-born American Jew, Irving Berlin? Make sure your sound is on!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/KgoapkOo4vg?rel=0

barbc56

Was this done for the wedding? I still have the song in my head but I'm not complaining!

Ive also shared this.

Barb

ETA It was for the wedding. For some reason the video stopped before it was finisheda,

Wayne

Was this done for the wedding?

Nice to see how many of you enjoyed this video clip. Barb, I was confused by that same thing. I even mentioned to my wife how I hoped I hadn't created too much confusion on the board by posting it. :angel:

She then proceeded to show me how I had left an empty plastic bag in the refrigerator in an upright position, and wondered what that was about. I could only speculate. :rolleyes::)

Aurator

I actually found it rather depressing; they all looked so damn healthy and energetic.
But yes, a nice video.

Old Bones

I actually found it rather depressing; they all looked so damn healthy and energetic. But yes, a nice video.

Although I found the video @Wayne posted uplifting rather than depressing, I know what you mean. Prior to ME, I really enjoyed watching competitive figure skating. Post ME, their routines merely reminded me how significantly impaired I am. l gave up watching years ago -- the comparison was just too painful.