• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Varestrongylus klapowi, lungworm, anyone been tested or treated?

humanrising

hi beautiful humans

I am wondering if anyone has been tested for this and if yes how did they get tested? If anyone has been treated and how that went for them.
I came across this in one of my hunting expeditions on the web and couldn't really get anywhere with it. Dr Gordons group are doing studies on it etc. but I can not afford to go to them.

I am extremely intrigued by this because I recently had a spine x-ray and it showed a mass on my lung. months of sad doctor incompetency etc.....left me with the mass and a decision to not go further with what "they" wanted me to do, which of course was look for cancer.
I am not interested in being treated for lung cancer with all that I am managing with my health so I don't want to risk being diagnosed with lung cancer..... I would then be the patient who "only" has cancer and who also doesn't want to live blah blah. I also am sure in my gut its not cancer. The three chest x-rays show it as one very small mass that has not changed in over a year.
One of the first things that happen at the onslaught of my health demise was a bad case of Bronchitis. I have never had bronchitis or pneumonia. I also have lived in Nepal and India where spit and other nasty things are on, in and with you always. While I was there, I also lived in a mud building, above the animals.
so with these three pieces I think its something worth looking at. I can't find anyone who has much to say other then Gordon's or Klinghart's people who looking at it but really not much about how to test or treat.
hoping someone here has some experience. THANK YOU!!!

IreneF

Here's info about lungworm (Angiostrongulus):
http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/angiostrongylus/

I can't find descriptions of Varestrongylus klapowii/Cryptostrongulus pulmoni infection, only that it's postulated, both as an organism and as a cause of disease.

I did find info about non-cancerous nodules and masses in the lung:
http://www.webmd.com/lung/benign-lung-tumors-and-nodules

Here's an article about parasitic infections in the lungs:
http://thorax.bmj.com/content/early/2010/09/29/thx.2009.132217.full

Hope this helps.

student

No? @Little Bluestem – Histoplasmosis is a known eye desease. verry nice idea. (I havn't seen much detailes for a CFS pathologie).

The VK worm (Varestrongylus Klapowi)... a dogs lungworm -changed (Cryptostrongylus pulmoni) name. After 20 years there was a Radio broad @July 2015 http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/diffdx/klapow.html Klapow LA. Suspected new species of chronic roundworm parasite. (blinded trial). J. of CFS 1999; 5: 247f. http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/diffdx/klapow2.html (see - contact Dr Klapow) should be his LAB
A talk at GMA staff meeting 2014 is mentioned...

We are now @6 mounth after Radio anouncement - Gordon. (advertises Dr Natan for consultation) Klinghart referred to this for at least 7 years. - The Inventor Klapow has 20 years of research since 1996/97. He runs a lab. An aktive discussion @PR is here „New doktor wants“ [to treat lyme] GcMAF (Australia) is cited by „kungfudao p21 #406 (15.8.2015) @1 month after. the Radio anounce.
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...-for-lyme-good-idea.38866/page-21#post-629832 GcMAF has worked with VK worm since 2011. Iodin (superficial cleansing), A herb, Ivernectin Worm treatment are mentioned. VK worm can be a major root cause. – more often found in MCS >> CFS patients. Treated people get well. Some findings verified, means a burst of healing potential – in this.

Who knows an activ discussion? I am new to it. PT Forum had 6 replies (low contend). PR comunity talk slowed down. Some reader might „Contact Klapow“. http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/diffdx/klapow.html (1)What is his procedure for our sending of specimin there for Lab testing. (What is the private cost for such a sending.) (2) Hwo did you treat this parasite (vk worm)?

student

Natan (Gordon med) and Klinghardt are the ones that relate MCS or CFS with upper throat infection. 2012 anounced high procentage of this specifiqu VK-worm (vareng..) nematode findings in this. It can be parasite CoInfection with Lyme. (And this VK worm – than gets treatment first). The community has not yet – given much responce back.

Yes thank y –@Irene F. this was asking for other specific pathologie.

student

In our forum- all is internet search.
I stopp worrying. Not one single case report is found – as I understand this so far. Contact was mad with other people that commented the VK worm topic. They had not seen a case. (All mentioning came from web search only.) A leading researcher in Germany answerd my request: Nix neues. Leider! (nothing new. I am sorry)! - So finding nothing can give peace.

Student
ps. Vetrerinair medicin seems to handle this topic well with continuous animal worm therapies. With not-treatable Lyme cases. It would be worth while thinking – about this paracite also. Than Cure parasite - befor more lyme treatment can work well.

roller

wiggle jiggle
by now i can say, it doesnt work this way around.

we like so much to simplify things.
the problem is, that the problem is complex.

we dont have ONE worm or ONE bacteria...

there is a parasitic party going on. they may party together or wait until the other guys party is over.
if you eradicate one (one group), others will spread more.

perhaps, it has to be treated as in HIV - with a med-cocktail.
however, the stuff isnt working properly.
its limited efficient throughout the body.
and they dont target all life stages.
its may need to be done IV and injected into muscles allover.

Last edited:

roller

wiggle jiggle
perhaps they could eliminate each other.

did you know, that earthworms hold meetings? no shit...

also bacteria seem to communicate and display a profound social behavior.

they are suspecting now, the plaque was spread by lice (or was it flees)?

'lyme' can be transferred by them, too, and then its even more serious in its outcome ('relapsing fever').

perhaps its the arthropods (fleas, lice, mites) which we have to look into - first thing.

Last edited:

humanrising

sorry, took so long to get back ruff month.

Thank you for the responses.
unfortunately, if you look up the lung worn info it. tells you about it but really nothing about treatment. "see your health care pro". I don't think very many doctors are going to be helpful with this let alone heard of it.

Dr Klinghart never discussed VK with me but we did treat with an herbal inhalant as part of my treatment protocol and he did think i had chronic infections in my throat due to my tonsils not being completely removed as a child. Said i had tonsil tags that kept things trapped. he wanted me to go to Germany to have them frozen off by the only person doing this. my private jet was getting painted at the time so I just increased my gargling :)

during my dr k days i did do anti- fungal both internally and again via inhalations.I didn't know about the cyst at that time. the treatment was really part of a HUGE protocol not due to any lung symptoms

dr nathan at Gordon's is the one person who is really talking about this but he will not tell anyone how to test or treat.... unless you go to him. He states this at the end of his papers etc. I doubt he would even tell another doctor, this man makes my head spin around like linda blair but i digress.

i feel the same as rollar say's here nothing is one thing, its more about lowering the load of "problems" while increasing the channels of movement and healing.

I am pretty impressed how much people know on this site,some truly brilliant humans!!! its been very interesting reading other threads on this and more.

that said, i was hoping at least a few people had been tested and treated who could talk about their experiences .But none one thus far... hence, it will go to the back page which is fine with me, there are so many other things to look at, time will show if the lung worm goes anywhere in treating people. if there is money to be made it might...hmmm getting jaded, got to work on that!

thank you folks for all your thoughts and support!!!!!

roller

wiggle jiggle
i dont think that tests make sense.

there is no such thing, that you have one worm (kind) or bacteria...
its perhaps 90% of the helminth kingdom.
and there are no worms without bacteria.

tests are unreliable and moreover these guys have breeding cycles.
imo, there may be times when someones eggs/antibodies or whatever may be strong/detected
while the others are not/barely during this period.

however, if you have (more than average) helminth infestation, then regular bacterial checks before and during treatment may be extremely revealing.

may i ask what klinghard recommended for gargling and inhalation ?

Last edited:

alex3619

Larry Klapow was one of the people I talked to a lot about a decade and a half ago. This is not a new discovery, and the worm is thought to have originated (or at least back then) in South East Asia, and may have arrived in the US as a result of the Vietnam war. However there would have been more than a decade's worth of research since then.

Last time I was in the loop this worm was highly resistant to all treatments. That was one of the things being investigated.