• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

David Tuller: Trial By Error, Continued: More Nonsense from The Lancet Psychiatry

Kati

Patient in training
http://www.virology.ws/2016/01/19/trial-by-error-continued-more-nonsense-from-the-lancet-psychiatry/

Here is David's take on how the PACE trial authors defended the Lancet Psych long term follow-up paper

Here is the begining but click on the link and read the whole thing, it's not too long:

The PACE authors have long demonstrated great facility in evading questions they don’t want to answer. They did this in their response to correspondence about the original 2011 Lancet paper. They did it again in the correspondence about the 2013 recovery paper, and in their response to my Virology Blog series. Now they have done it in their answer to critics of their most recent paper on follow-up data, published last October in The Lancet Psychiatry.

(They published the paper just a week after my investigation ran. Wasn’t that a lucky coincidence?)

Ellkaye

So where are we with this?
I thought a court had ordered them to make the data public? No?

Ellkaye

So QMUL may lose the appeal?
If so they ll give access?
Is that the state of play?
Have they won the appeal?