• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

James Coyne talk at Stormont in Belfast, Feb 9 - for professionals - tell your MLAs!

Stewart

This is taking place in the Stormont Buildings, which is where the Northern Ireland Assembly meets. The more politicians who attend that meeting to hear James Coyne lay into PACE, the better. Anyone on this board who lives in Northern Ireland should contact all of their MLA's and urge them to attend this meeting (and get friends and family to do the same).

Sasha

Fine, thank you
This is taking place in the Stormont Buildings, which is where the Northern Ireland Assembly meets. The more politicians who attend that meeting to hear James Coyne lay into PACE, the better. Anyone on this board who lives in Northern Ireland should contact all of their MLA's and urge them to attend this meeting (and get friends and family to do the same).

Thanks - I've put all that in the title.

Keela Too

Sally Burch
Last edited:

Keela Too

Sally Burch
Yes @Liz_999 the Irish ME Trust have sponsored the recording of the event at Stormont.

Not sure about transcription, but I'm hoping there will be some live tweeting using tag #PACEni - if I make it I plan to tweet.

Keela Too

Sally Burch
Okay @Sasha - not sure why that link is dead. I'll look into ways of making the flyer public.... Hmmmm might need to set up an account somewhere to put it online.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Yes @Liz_999 the Irish ME Trust have sponsored the recording of the event at Stormont.

Not sure about transcription, but I'm hoping there will be some live tweeting using tag #PACEni - if I make it I plan to tweet.

Transcription might be a useful resource for those who don't take spoken info in very well, or are short on time (like MLAs!) and don't have time to attend the session or watch a video.

When we transcribed (as a group!) James Coyne's Edinburgh talk, we used this brilliant online thing:

http://otranscribe.com/

Saved HOURS.

Keela Too

Sally Burch

Keela Too

Sally Burch
I'm wondering though if perhaps better than a full transcription (which can make for a very long document) if a report of what was said might be better?

I have some-one in mind already who hopes to report on the event. And I certainly hope to be taking notes if I get to one or both events.

I agree @Sasha that transcribing tool was really useful. And certainly once the presentation goes on You Tube then a transcription would be possible, much like the last one was done. :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I'm wondering though if perhaps better than a full transcription (which can make for a very long document) if a report of what was said might be better?

I'd say they're not mutually exclusive. Coyne was very colourful in what he said in his Edinburgh talk and it was good to hear/read him coming out with very direct and frank things, which I think would get a bit muted in a report. But a report would be good for certain purposes. If you've got a volunteer for a transcript and another for a report, I'd take full advantage!