• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Carnitine Fumarate?

joe12

Whats the reason for taking the fumarate type instead of the others? I have taken one with phosphorus and ALCAR, and it was ok. I took a prescription kind for a while, not sure what it had, and it was ok but found the others where better. Once I took over 1,200 mg of the prescription type, as instructed by the doctor, but felt down and sick thou.

ahmo

Fred reckons that ALCAR is more effective for about 10% of people, and LCF is better for the rest. My own experience of taking 3 forms of carnitine before I landed on LCF was that the others did nothing. LCF, as Fred describes it, gave me immediate *brightening*. I've since found that ALCAR is useful for oxidative stress, and I've used it for that reason, in addition to LCF. Some people find they get anxiety type symptoms w/ LCF, and need to use liquid, so they can use tiny amounts.

Here's Fred talking about LCF. You can find other comments if you search.
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/the-stages-of-methylation-and- healing.21725/

joe12

Fred reckons that ALCAR is more effective for about 10% of people, and LCF is better for the rest. My own experience of taking 3 forms of carnitine before I landed on LCF was that the others did nothing. LCF, as Fred describes it, gave me immediate *brightening*. I've since found that ALCAR is useful for oxidative stress, and I've used it for that reason, in addition to LCF. Some people find they get anxiety type symptoms w/ LCF, and need to use liquid, so they can use tiny amounts.

Here's Fred talking about LCF. You can find other comments if you search.
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/the-stages-of-methylation-and- healing.21725/
Is any brand good, like Amazing Nutrition? I read that not every ALCAR brand is good, with Twinlab being the better one.

cph13

Don't know. I'm using Dr's Best LCF. For ALCAR, I've gotten it bulk on ebay.
Ahmo, seems U R doing much better. Im Happy for you. I'm doing better too. WHO, on e bay do you get the LCF from. I'm looking for a supplier of AlpGPC choline, uridine etc. I posted this to you in someones Blog post re: anti drugs. I'm looking for a reliable source. I am so skittish about buying in bulk but I just can't afford all this stuff. Any help Ahmo or ANYONE I appreciate it. Happy Healing, XOC

ahmo

Ahmo, seems U R doing much better. Im Happy for you. I'm doing better too. WHO, on e bay do you get the LCF from. I'm looking for a supplier of AlpGPC choline, uridine etc. I posted this to you in someones Blog post re: anti drugs. I'm looking for a reliable source. I am so skittish about buying in bulk but I just can't afford all this stuff. Any help Ahmo or ANYONE I appreciate it. Happy Healing, XOC
I'm getting AlphaGPC choline + citicholine from an Australian ebay site. You'd likely find someone in US.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281767714050