• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My son & i are giving the lightning process a go on this week

JillBohr

I was not hooked up to the Greensmith FB page until it was cancelled and I hooked up with the page protesting that. FB is full of politics and opinion and, and, and... I know because it is an outlet for myself and my friends who sometimes hold political views outside the mainstream and none have been censored... so far. This is completely mystifying to me. I just don't get it.

Hi Joan, I agree. Something is strange. I was thinking of my friend that put links to music videos (which I enjoyed) and I think the music industry if very protective. There was an artist that had his account canceled and it was his own song.

MEKoan

Yes, Jill, I was thinking that your friend may have been linking to vid.s which transgressed music copyright - an issue on YouTube - but Greensmith?! Can't understand at all! I think it makes a great deal of sense to at least consider that LP may have played a part. They would have the sheer numbers to mount some kind of objection that FB might listen to if they were clueless which, of course, they would be. It's not unreasonable, I think, to consider this as a possibility.

And, yay, he's back! And, I'm a member of his group now! And, it's only made his group bigger!!!

:victory:

Dx Revision Watch

Suzy Chapman Owner of Dx Revision Watch
http://www.healinghawk.com/prospectushealing.htm

[...]

"Phil Parker is already known to many as an inspirational teacher, therapist, healer and author. His personal healing journey began when, whilst working with his patients as an osteopath. He discovered that their bodies would suddenly tell him important bits of information about them and their past, which to his surprise turned out to be factually correct! He further developed this ability to step into other peoples bodies over the years to assist them in their healing with amazing results. After working as a healer for 20 years, Phil Parker has developed a powerful and magical program to help you unlock your natural healing abilities. If you feel drawn to these courses then you are probably ready to join."

fred

The game is afoot

[...]

"Phil Parker is already known to many as an inspirational teacher, therapist, healer and author. His personal healing journey began when, whilst working with his patients as an osteopath. He discovered that their bodies would suddenly tell him important bits of information about them and their past, which to his surprise turned out to be factually correct! He further developed this ability to step into other peoples bodies over the years to assist them in their healing with amazing results. After working as a healer for 20 years, Phil Parker has developed a powerful and magical program to help you unlock your natural healing abilities. If you feel drawn to these courses then you are probably ready to join."

Someone get me a bucket.

Dx Revision Watch

Suzy Chapman Owner of Dx Revision Watch
Someone get me a bucket.

I has a bucket

funny-pictures-lolrus.jpg

JillBohr

But have you seen this, David?

Phil Parker slide presentation on LP, CFS and XMRV:

http://www.lightningprocess.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=Uz7/MsTEqpU=&tabid=371&language=en-US

@ Slide 7

"If we assume that on average:

67% of the cases of CFS clients that are seen with the LP have the XMRV virus,

And according to our findings 85% of these people recover their health in the 3 days of the LP programme

The LP must be assisting these people to deal effectively with that infection in some way (we would hypothesise it is a resumption of good immune and neurological function)

Chutzpah? The guy's got it in spades...

Oh, Oh, Oh, I DARE you to put this on the Treatment section! No, I double dog dare you!

Adam

[...]

"Phil Parker is already known to many as an inspirational teacher, therapist, healer and author. His personal healing journey began when, whilst working with his patients as an osteopath. He discovered that their bodies would suddenly tell him important bits of information about them and their past, which to his surprise turned out to be factually correct! He further developed this ability to step into other people’s bodies over the years to assist them in their healing with amazing results. After working as a healer for 20 years, Phil Parker has developed a powerful and magical program to help you unlock your natural healing abilities. If you feel drawn to these courses then you are probably ready to join."

Old Phil really is a man of the people.

Reading these eulogies he seems to be somewhere between Dr. Who, Harry Potter and, dare I say it (no offence intended), the next messiah.

Hope he does not get into politics.

K

Knackered

Old Phil really is a man of the people.

Reading these eulogies he seems to be somewhere between Dr. Who, Harry Potter and, dare I say it (no offence intended), the next messiah.

Hope he does not get into politics.

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

coxy

Update 3 weeks on

hi, everyone,

Things are not going in the right direction i'm afraid.
Strangely i seem to have taken on a new set of ME symptoms that i didn't suffer from before. Gone are the headaches and extreme brain fog, only to be replaced by an inability to sleep until at least 1am, digestive problems including very noisy tummy, sharp pains in tummy when i try to sleep on either side in bed, backache & a wired feeling most of the day until about 6pm when i suffer extreme tiredness. The tingling in my feet has returned when i stand up first thing in the morning, so has the watery eyes first thing in the morning.
Has this happened to any other LP tryers after a short amount of time?
I have emailed my trainer to ask if i can communicate with her via email instead of seeing her again on monday, not heard back yet. I've chickened out, and my son doesn't want to go back.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
AND a fantastic documentary post from ME Agenda!

Thanks a lot, also for your many other excellent writings about and around ME. I've learned a lot from you. You are very sharp. Thanks for existing and doing what you do with your excellent wit!

Maarten.

We haven't go many here in the UK but this is one we are very proud of:)

MEKoan

Hey Coxy,

I'm sorry to hear that you and your son are not doing so well. It must be so disappointing for you even if it is not terribly surprising. I know you will protect your son but do protect yourself, too. I would imagine it could get pretty confusing. Maybe read some of the posts in this thread before speaking to your trainer just to remember what beliefs this system is based on.

Don't let anyone tell you that you failed because you were unable to think away a retrovirus, or whatever this is. I know you won't let them tell your wee boy that! He may feel that he failed and spoiled his trip. Poor little lad.

Don't let them push you around, dear Coxy!

Thank you for sharing this experience here.

coxy

Thankyou Koan,

Don't worry he doesn't feel he's failed & his holiday wasn't spoilt. Before we went he was aware that he may need to use a wheel chair to help with all the walking, the process hasn't made him worse, just not any better. I haven't mentioned the LP to him at all, certainly haven't been going on at him or any such like. The trainer actually said not to mention it and to refrain from asking him if her was doing the process or not.
It's difficult now not to get involved in an argument with the trainer if i see her, but they must also be aware that it hasn't worked for us. I'm sure lots of people would just say they were doing well at this point to their trainer, just to avoid confrontation, then the trainer goes away and adds another success story to their figures , which is clearly not the case.

Esther12

I'm sure lots of people would just say they were doing well at this point to their trainer, just to avoid confrontation, then the trainer goes away and adds another success story to their figures , which is clearly not the case.

I think this happens a lot with all sorts of therapies, and then serves to combine with humans tendencies to remember perceived successes more than failures.

I think that most people treating CFS and achieving nothing will honestly think their work leads to appx 1/3 total recovery, 1/3 significant recovery, 1/3 no change.

MEKoan

Hey Coxy,

You seem as on top of this situation as a person could possibly be. Your observation regarding how much easier it would be to just say things were fine is so illuminating.

I think Esther's comments make a great deal of sense, too.

Good luck, Coxy, in your dealings with your trainer. And, thanks again for letting us tag along with you on this.

Adam

Hey Coxy,

You seem as on top of this situation as a person could possibly be. Your observation regarding how much easier it would be to just say things were fine is so illuminating.

I think Esther's comments make a great deal of sense, too.

Good luck, Coxy, in your dealings with your trainer. And, thanks again for letting us tag along with you on this.

Fair comment all round.

ukxmrv

Coxy, your new symptoms could be related to Adrenaline and Cortisol - possibly as a result of having pushed your body beyond what it could do.

Dr Bell wrote that some of his patients with postural hypotension had increased adrenaline if they forced themselves to stand up. The body could not cope with the blood pressure problems and produces extra adrenaline to cope with the stress of standing up.

That may be resulting in the "tired but wired" symptom. I do have POTs myself but don't get to that stage or symptom.

Higher cortisol at night may be causing you to be more problems as you report that you are tired from 6pm but cannot sleep until 1am.

If you have POTs or another blood supply problem and the gut isn't getting enough blood to do it's job that may cause stomach problems as well.

Just possibilities.

It sounds as if you are pushing your body to do things that it can't and the new symptoms are it's complaints. In my own case if I were to exercise I would get that same "cannot sleep until 1am" or longer as a symptom part of the post exertional malaise (but for me, not wired). To be followed by extreme weakness, sore throat, glands etc.

To make matters worse you are probably under a lot of stress and that effects some people badly.

Hope this helps in some way

fingers2022

hi, everyone,

Things are not going in the right direction i'm afraid.
Strangely i seem to have taken on a new set of ME symptoms that i didn't suffer from before. Gone are the headaches and extreme brain fog, only to be replaced by an inability to sleep until at least 1am, digestive problems including very noisy tummy, sharp pains in tummy when i try to sleep on either side in bed, backache & a wired feeling most of the day until about 6pm when i suffer extreme tiredness. The tingling in my feet has returned when i stand up first thing in the morning, so has the watery eyes first thing in the morning.
Has this happened to any other LP tryers after a short amount of time?
I have emailed my trainer to ask if i can communicate with her via email instead of seeing her again on monday, not heard back yet. I've chickened out, and my son doesn't want to go back.

First, Coxy, I would like to congratulate you on starting this productive thread. Not only starting it, but following it through with your own fantastic brand of openness and honesty, If only our mate, naughty boy, Phil had anything anywhere near your personal integrity, Coxy, we might even talk to him as if he were human. He is clearly superhuman and out of our human league (any good Adam? Maybe showing my age....).

Next, my totally unqualified opinion is that your symptoms are caused by doing too much, encouraged by the hope and euphoria induced by the LP. My experience tells me that if you rest and stay positive (as we naturally do, anyway), your symptoms will abate.

Next action is to get some science into the LP. Now, Phil is good at science as we've seen. He has a PhD (Doctor of Philparkery) He knows that neuroplasticity can squidge a retrovirus out of RNA....note that I use the term "squidge" very explicitly, meaning that the GAMA NMID IGg RNaseL oojimmywhatsit receptors are completely f****ed by that well placed "STOP".

Once we get some science into it, we can sue Mr.P off the planet for all his false claims and abuse. Maybe Esther Crawley would be worried by that too. She does after all, have a reputation to protect, and getting into bed with naughty boy Phil is probably not the best route up the greasy pole of medical emminence.
Whadya say, Phil? Esther? Are you there? Maybe you can get me banned from PR? Or just take me to court. I'm skint anyway.