• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is it detox or more?

I've been on the protocol for a little over four weeks. I am currently dizzy, having neuropathy all over (more than I started with), and have extremely weak muscles. Is this typical detox, or is something else going on here? I had a diabetic friend check me---and my sugar levels were in the normal range --105 after eating.

SJB944

For me these sort of symptoms after taking MB12 can be potassium related. To check I tend to take an extra dose of Potassium Gluconate powder mixed with water and see if that has any impact on symptoms.

Freddd

Methylation protocol? Fred warns that initially B12 can cause neuropathy, as the nervous system is awakening. My personal detox symptoms are not about muscles. Increasing methylation can provoke detox response.

MeCbl does not cause neuropathy. What it does intially is a "wake up the nerves" making everything much more intense (NOT WORSE) and obvious and often more painful and more active. However, lack of AdoCbl, l-methylfolate, l-carnitine and especially lack of MeCbl of a known "5 star" variety. In addition there are another 20 or so items that can deadlock portions of the methylation symptoms. It may take 30 items in combination to get all the nerves working, and only something that responds essentially immediately can allow the next step to occur. If most things are not taken in advance healing will stop over and over and over as each item in turn goes deficient, often over and over for the same items if not taking enough or when healing is stepped up.

Freddd

I have also found that about 95% of everything called "detox" are induced deficiency symptoms from refeeding disorder. The first day of something you get the benefits. Often those are overwhelmed by induced deficiency symptoms by the 4th day. Hypokalemia called "detox" can continue until it kills you. Methylfolate deficiency called detox and hence not corrected will worsen and worsen until there is serious neurological etc damage including multi organ breakdown.

Freddd

Thanks Fred. Sorry for my incorrect paraphrasing.

Hi Ahmo,

The other half of it is that then one gets to experience the symptoms backwards in miserable exacting detail, at least that was my experience. They don't feel better until the last step. They hurt differently, the shooting pains are often first, then painful and burning and various paresthesias, then hypersensitivity that fades slowly to having no additional feeling, pain or numbness, just normal. And of course since different nerves are in different places in the progression, you have some nerves at every stage all along. Numb areas seem to be most affected around the edges and heals inwards towards the center of the numb areas.

The moods act up as moods do, not pain but definitely responding to irritation. The pain and bad feelings of healing are there in addition to induced deficiency symptoms which are different. Folate and potassium, and phosphorous are very frequent with lots of trace minerals along the way dependently upon the person. Those can't easily be seen until the basics remove lots of symptoms from under them except for maybe things like gums and spider veins. These are not "some old" symptoms of methylation block.

The most difficulty arises with spotting the folate. Unless one standardizes away from folic acid, folinic acid, sometimes veggie folates, NAC and glutathione, there are too many different possibilities of causality and exactly what the symptoms mean. Methyltrap causes methylfolate deficiency symptoms but measure plenty of folates and is not fixed by methylfolate but with MeCbl/AdoCbl. Partial methylation block can occur with methylfolate deficiency symptoms and is correctable with methylfolate. A person can have both happening at the same time