• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

James Coyne talk for patients/carers, Belfast Castle, N. Ireland, Tues Feb 7

Keela Too

Sally Burch
I'll get organised in a bit to add image versions of the flyers we have.

Basically 2 events are being organised:

- An Open event at Belfast Castle on Sunday 7th February 3-5pm

and

- A professionals only event at Stormont Tuesday 9th February 6.30 - 8.30pm aimed at MLAs, scientists, health professionals, and key health decision makers. This event must be pre-booked because of security at Stormont.

Bookings: hope4mefibro @ outlook . com

Should be very interesting. I am seriously hoping for enough spoons to be there.

Keela Too

Sally Burch
We are putting together information packs for the professionals attending the Stormont event. This is is a bit of an unexpected addition to our annual budget (inviting James Coyne to speak in N.Ireland was a spontaneous decision when the opportunity arose) but one we feel very worthwhile.

We will manage to fund everything by hook or by crook, but if anyone feels so inclined to help with this endeavour, it is possible to sponsor the event here:

https://mydonate.bt.com/events/jamescoyneni/271212

Sasha

Fine, thank you
We are putting together information packs for the professionals attending the Stormont event. This is is a bit of an unexpected addition to our annual budget (inviting James Coyne to speak in N.Ireland was a spontaneous decision when the opportunity arose) but one we feel very worthwhile.

We will manage to fund everything by hook or by crook, but if anyone feels so inclined to help with this endeavour, it is possible to sponsor the event here:

https://mydonate.bt.com/events/jamescoyneni/271212

I think you should start a new thread to ask for donations - most people who aren't in Belfast probably won't read this thread but a lot of people might want to donate (especially if you mention in the title that it will be put on YouTube or wherever). :)

Keela Too

Sally Burch
Thanks @Sasha for that suggestion. I'll start a new thread in a few days when I have more time/energy to answer questions etc. Also once I've got the images sorted for the flyers.
(Is there a way to donate emergency spoons too.... our committee could do with a few!)

PS The patient talk is on Sunday 7th Feb 3pm, (the one on the 9th is by invitation only for medical professionals, MLAs etc.) @Sasha could you perhaps edit the header of this thread to the 7th please.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
PS The patient talk is on Sunday 7th Feb 3pm, (the one on the 9th is by invitation only for medical professionals, MLAs etc.) @Sasha could you perhaps edit the header of this thread to the 7th please.

It says the 7th (maybe a mod edited it!).

Daisymay

Very best of luck with the two events, thanks to everyone who is involved. I hope you get a lot of professionals to the Tuesday event and their eyes and minds are duly opened!