• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IRAK4 inhibition to shut down TLR signaling in autoimmunity and MyD88-dependent lymphomas

funkyqueen

Well, i'm really not sure about it may helped/be linked to our disease, as my knowledge/understanding in Immunity is really too poor, lol, but for sure some of you will understand and maybe explain us ?

Journal of Experimental Medicine
"Ralf Küppers comments on the development of two highly selective and bioavailable small molecule IRAK4 inhibitors and show for the first time their therapeutic efficacy in autoimmune disorders and in a specific subset of diffuse large B cell lymphomas in mice. "

IRAK4 inhibition to shut down TLR signaling in autoimmunity and MyD88-dependent lymphomas
Published December 14, 2015 // JEM vol. 212 no. 13 2184 -
Ralf Küppers

http://jem.rupress.org/content/212/13/2184

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
Well, i'm really not sure about it may helped/be linked to our disease, as my knowledge/understanding in Immunity is really too poor, lol, but for sure some of you will understand and maybe explain us ?

Journal of Experimental Medicine
"Ralf Küppers comments on the development of two highly selective and bioavailable small molecule IRAK4 inhibitors and show for the first time their therapeutic efficacy in autoimmune disorders and in a specific subset of diffuse large B cell lymphomas in mice. "

Published December 14, 2015 // JEM vol. 212 no. 13 2184 -
Ralf Küppers

http://jem.rupress.org/content/212/13/2184

Interesting development. Small molecular weight kinase inhibitors have always looked to be an attractive way of specific targeting in immune cells rather than big biologic drugs. The downside has been lack of specificity and lots of side effects. However, that is no reason not to keep trying. IRAK4 would be an interesting new target. TLR may not be important in all that many autoimmune disease but there is increasing evidence for TLR-4 being important on B cells generally - so it certainly has a logic to it. Mouse studies are not always that relevant but at least the models used suggest good biological effectiveness and reasonable specificity.