• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does anyone have ASCA titres?

Aerose91

I came back high for ASCA both igg and iga and have long assumed malabsorption problems. When i look it up it says this yeast is strongly coorelated with Chron's but my doctor says not to worry about it. Anyone else have experience with this?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I came back high for ASCA both igg and iga and have long assumed malabsorption problems. When i look it up it says this yeast is strongly coorelated with Chron's but my doctor says not to worry about it. Anyone else have experience with this?

Yes. Had same. Second test was positive. I don't really have any gut symptoms but prior to test i did have candida as wasnt doing my normal routine of probiotics etc. I did have bloating from some foods etc so most likely this but dr said could be because i use saccharomyces boulardii supps,which i dont have issues with but may make a false positive.

I did some nilstat and systemic antifungal and this sorted it out, no bloating or any weird reactions from food. Im now back on saccharomyces boulardii with no issues .

My understanding is that it isnt that accurate for chrohns as supplements or candida can affect the test.

Aerose91

Thanks, @heapsreal

I had high candida in the past as well and took fluconazol for it but i have no idea if its gone. Also started taking saccharomyces boulardii after finding out about the asca but again, cant tell a difference with anything. Did you get tested again for ASCA again after all of that?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Thanks, @heapsreal

I had high candida in the past as well and took fluconazol for it but i have no idea if its gone. Also started taking saccharomyces boulardii after finding out about the asca but again, cant tell a difference with anything. Did you get tested again for ASCA again after all of that?

Yes i did maybe a month after the first. First test iga and igg positive and second test was just iga which my dr said wasnt anything to worry about. I think its a test which shouldn't be taken in isolation but with other tests and symptoms .