• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hair analysis and Nutritional Balancing?

Sporty

hi there,

Are any of you guys doing the Nutritional Balancing programme? Would loveeeee to hear of people's experiences with it.

I've been on mine for 7 months now. The diet is of particular interest! Lol

Cheers
Simon

taniaaust1

No not really but hair analyses picked up in had near nil of the essential trace mineral molybdenium. I then found supplementing with that then quite helpful to my brain. Within days of supplementing it, I could do basic maths in my head again which had been something I hadn't been able to do for years.

Also I had low selenium showing on hair analyses. Supplementing with that then fixed my breaking nails and splitting hair.

My mineral balances are very screwed up but I've just worked on the deficiencies which showed up.

skipskip30

Id always heard that they were a load of nonsense to put it bluntly but id be interested to hear some more informed opinions

Bansaw

I've had three mineral hair analysis tests done, and I just can't seem to elevate. My iron was low so I took ionic iron and all that did was to push way up my potassium levels which alarmed my doctor.
My iron levels remain inexplicably low.
I have poor absorption and am looking at other methods such as transdermal etc. I looked into Myers cocktails but my insurance wont cover those, and they are not cheap.

Sporty

No Bansaw, you should never take iron when your iron is low. It's all about balancing the levels, not bout taking individual supplements to improve ones levels. It's a complicated process.

Who said it was all nonesense SkipSkip?

Bansaw

No Bansaw, you should never take iron when your iron is low. It's all about balancing the levels, not bout taking individual supplements to improve ones levels. It's a complicated process.

Who said it was all nonesense SkipSkip?
Thanks, yes you're right , its a more complex procedure. Iron plays on Potassium, Zinc plays on Copper etc. Its not easy. Do you have any insight on how to raise iron then?

cmt12

I would say the premise of nutritional balancing is mistaken. It assumes that what caused the imbalance is no longer persisting. Our bodies already are striving for balance, but there is an opposing mechanism continuously signaling for imbalance.

I'm sure there are people who have gotten back into balance while on the program, but it wasn't because of the program; it was because stress levels decreased during that period of time. That's my understanding.

Sporty

I would say the premise of nutritional balancing is mistaken. It assumes that what caused the imbalance is no longer persisting. Our bodies already are striving for balance, but there is an opposing mechanism continuously signaling for imbalance.

I'm sure there are people who have gotten back into balance while on the program, but it wasn't because of the program; it was because stress levels decreased during that period of time. That's my understanding.

I dunno, it kinda makes sense to me in many ways. Obviously not sold on it completely but believing toxins has always been a possible issue for me it makes sense on the detox level.

Let's be honest though, no body really and truely knows what's going on....

Sporty

Thanks, yes you're right , its a more complex procedure. Iron plays on Potassium, Zinc plays on Copper etc. Its not easy. Do you have any insight on how to raise iron then?

No I'm not sure how one raises their iron but im sure I read in the book the other day you don't take iron to raise it. It goes up when one of the other minerals are raised. I'm low in iron too so.... I'm with a practitioner on this so I'll ask him if I don't read it again. I'm reading the whole book as we speak....

Sporty

No I'm not sure how one raises their iron but im sure I read in the book the other day you don't take iron to raise it. It goes up when one of the other minerals are raised. I'm low in iron too so.... I'm with a practitioner on this so I'll ask him if I don't read it again. I'm reading the whole book as we speak....

changes in energy and personality development were the ones who went on a mineral balancing program. Over 95% of the women who take iron tablets for their energy are not suffering from an iron deficiency at all. Millions of women are making a terrible mistake when they take iron supplements without knowing whether they need iron or not. First of all, more and more foods are enriched with iron today. Almost everything you buy in the food stores these days says, “enriched with iron” on the label –breads, cereals, canned goods. So with all that iron in women’s diets, you have to ask yourself, “How in the world can any woman be deficient in iron?” The answer is that they generally are not deficient in iron. Blood tests by themselves can be highly misleading. The main reason why so many women have a low hemoglobin count is because they have a copper imbalance –and not an iron imbalance. * Whenever there is either too much or too little copper in the body, the iron will not be able to properly attach to the hemoglobin in the blood cells. In approximately 80% of the cases, deficiency of iron is not the principal problem. If you give iron to correct a “low” iron level, the iron level will generally go even lower. This is exactly what happens to millions of women every year. The iron they take is stored in the....

Sporty

changes in energy and personality development were the ones who went on a mineral balancing program. Over 95% of the women who take iron tablets for their energy are not suffering from an iron deficiency at all. Millions of women are making a terrible mistake when they take iron supplements without knowing whether they need iron or not. First of all, more and more foods are enriched with iron today. Almost everything you buy in the food stores these days says, “enriched with iron” on the label –breads, cereals, canned goods. So with all that iron in women’s diets, you have to ask yourself, “How in the world can any woman be deficient in iron?” The answer is that they generally are not deficient in iron. Blood tests by themselves can be highly misleading. The main reason why so many women have a low hemoglobin count is because they have a copper imbalance –and not an iron imbalance. * Whenever there is either too much or too little copper in the body, the iron will not be able to properly attach to the hemoglobin in the blood cells. In approximately 80% of the cases, deficiency of iron is not the principal problem. If you give iron to correct a “low” iron level, the iron level will generally go even lower. This is exactly what happens to millions of women every year. The iron they take is stored in the....liver, heart and pancreas. Many women are poisoning their bodies with iron. An excessive intake of iron can eventually result in iron toxicity and various disorders associated with elevated iron levels. We can assure you that if any woman is suffering from an acute or chronic energy loss, as 85% to 90% of the women are, it is primarily because of weak thyroid and adrenal glands and a demineralized body. Blindly giving iron tablets to a woman to give her more energy will often only make the condition worse. You need energy to express

It's my understanding 90% of the world population is Copper deficient , my last blog might help explain the Iron issue, Fighting CFS " 10 Day Remission " Just trying to help !!!

Sporty

content of their favorite beverages. One final note: It is almost impossible to raise iron levels without improving the metabolism as a whole. That is why many individuals who consume iron supplements notice no improvement in energy.

Bdeep86

It's my understanding 90% of the world population is Copper deficient , my last blog might help explain the Iron issue, Fighting CFS " 10 Day Remission " Just trying to help !!!

So do you have any proposed mechinisims to correct this? Just curious

Esther12

Id always heard that they were a load of nonsense to put it bluntly but id be interested to hear some more informed opinions

I think that's what I remember too. Sounds like BS, so I'd be cautious with it unless there was good evidence of benefit.

@Bdeep86 and @Esther12 Personally, I would not go beyond trying to supplement copper, other than copper rich foods and the trace amount found in a multi-vit/min. supplement without medical supervision. I have found that drinking about 2 - 3 oz of lactose free milk with about 3 TBsp. of chocolate syrup clears my mind. The copper and caffeine combined I guess .Weird I know !! Sugar-free syrup, powdered cocoa will work also.

Last edited:
Hello,

a little old thread but found threw google so would like to renew with quiestion in my mind.

What do you think about it. Is it possible to reverse (just a bit) the tendencies of the metabolism which are draw on hair analysis JUST by suplementing right suplements to correct nutritional ratios?

I mean when thyroids affect nutrition does nutrition some way affect thyroid?

Or at least help it somehow?

Where to go if one want to work on that?

Thank you very much!