• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

'Fight Lyme Now' campaign UK please take survey

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi all, a campaign is underway in the UK called Fight Lyme Now, their aim is to try and improve health services and support for people with Lyme disease, through the NHS.

Please please take the time to fill out this short survey (UK residents or UK nationals living abroad only). The have 200 respondents, but need 500 by the end of January in order for Neil Coyne MP to be able to present the results of the survey to the health dept.

http://www.boslabour.org.uk/lyme_disease_survey

Armin Schwarzbach and Dr Chris Newton are also fundraising to develop a better test for Lyme that will be acceptable to the UK NHS system.

https://www.youcaring.com/patients-with-lyme-disease-462786

Sick people have put a lot of energy and effort into getting the Fight Lyme Campaign up and running, so please support them to help change the situation for patients with Lyme in the UK - bearing in mind that many of those have been given a dx of 'CFS' by the NHS and offered no further help.

justy

@justy, is the survey for suspected/undiagnosed Lyme patients, or confirmed Lyme patients, or anyone?
Hi Bob - I think their target is people who have tested positive to Lyme, one way or another - NHS or private. If people have a negative test but a clinical diagnosis then that counts also. I think the survey is too specific for people who suspect they have Lyme but have had no diagnosis, either clinical or by some kind of test. Bioresonance testing is also acceptable I believe.

There is also a petition, which I forgot about, which anyone can sign who lives in the UK - I will link it below, but also may give it its own thread.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/113475

justy

@justy, is the survey for suspected/undiagnosed Lyme patients, or confirmed Lyme patients, or anyone?
I just had another thought - if a person can trace their illness back to a known tick bite and Bulls eye rash then I think that is more than just a suspicion and they should fill out the survey.

justy

Bumping this to bring it back to people's attention. The campaign now has 540 completed surveys, but needs closer to 1,000 for Neil Coyne MP to be able to use it in parliament and for it to be taken seriously.

If you live in the UK, have Lyme confirmed, or strongly suspect as you may have known tick bites in the past then please complete the survey.

Also please could people pass the link on and paste it as far and wide in the UK as possible?