• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

is this adrenal fatigue?

Santino

Hello,

i suffer from:

Alopecia Areata (responds very well to helminthic therapy with HDC)
Vitiligo
IgA-Nephritis (in remission by avoiding food trigger)
Chronic proctitis (in remission by avoiding food trigger)
severe food intolerances
Sensitivity to vitamin C, A and active b vitamins. They give me flu like symptoms and joint pain, cold sweating and the active b vitamin give me bipolar mood swings.

I tested my cortisol, DHEA and Testosterone in Saliva to rule out too low cortisol.

See my results in the attached pics.

I don´t have the typical symptoms of adrenal fatigue. My sleep is perfect, I have no problems coming out of bed. I don´t feel stressed or have mental issues as long as I avoid my intolerances, but these are very very severe which means that I only can eat white basmati rice, chicken and flax seed oil since 9 months.

The only symptoms I have which match adrenal fatigue are: Decreased energy during exercising. I only can do moderate exercises because I have no more the power. But I am 28.

Also I do have mild depression coming along with brain fog. But this is always accompanied by clogging of my frontal sinuses and the main trigger is food or if my expose frontal head to coldness. So I am not sure if this related to adrenals.

Please only give me advised if you really have knowledge about endocrinology (functional medicine approach).

Thank you very much

Attachments

• cortisol.zip
    215 KB · Views: 22
  • Test+DHEA.zip
    88.7 KB · Views: 10

drob31

I think measuring free cortisol via saliva is ok, but not other hormones. Have you done any blood serum testing of testosterone, estrogen (if mail estrogen sensitive), progesterone cortisol (free, total AM), b12, iron/ferritin, vitamin d, cbc, etc?

Alopecia Areata is autoimmune, and where there is one autoimmune issue, there can be others. But what actually causes autoimmune issues? Check virus/bacteria/fungal/protozoan titers, etc.

Santino

Saliva testing is accurate, especially for cortisol it is very accurate.

I don´t want to focus on my other diseases in this thread but just on the possible adrenal fatigue. The other blood markers are all fine. Vitamin D is very controversial as you can read here:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4160567/pdf/11_2014_Article_755.pdf

I ask myself how I can address the low cortisol. Would it be a good idea to use pregnolone and DHEA transdermal at the same time?

hello people, first time I've wrote on here. I'd really like some advice. Last February I heard a pop in the back of my heat/ neck. Since ten I've had balance problems my grips funny, sometimes head eyes feel heavy. I go to sleep and cannot wake up when I do wake up feel tired still. When I swallow my ears crunch like when you're standing in the snow. Prior to all this I've had real bad stomach problems. Passed blood even. The stomach pains are still there and I'm having a colonoscopy 4th jan. someone suggested me/cfs?? But I'm not sure. I also get weird like pulsating at the bottom of my back and down my bum. I'm usually a gym fanatic but this has caused me problems especially with balance and spaced out feelings. Someone give me some advice please. Thanks

drob31

hello people, first time I've wrote on here. I'd really like some advice. Last February I heard a pop in the back of my heat/ neck. Since ten I've had balance problems my grips funny, sometimes head eyes feel heavy. I go to sleep and cannot wake up when I do wake up feel tired still. When I swallow my ears crunch like when you're standing in the snow. Prior to all this I've had real bad stomach problems. Passed blood even. The stomach pains are still there and I'm having a colonoscopy 4th jan. someone suggested me/cfs?? But I'm not sure. I also get weird like pulsating at the bottom of my back and down my bum. I'm usually a gym fanatic but this has caused me problems especially with balance and spaced out feelings. Someone give me some advice please. Thanks

Were you doing anything to cause the neck pain? Maybe squats or back exersizes?

This sounds more like an issue with the sternocleidomastoid muscles.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/348328-signs-symptoms-of-a-strained-sternocleidomastoid-muscle/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1769463/

N
Were you doing anything to cause the neck pain? Maybe squats or back exersizes?

This sounds more like an issue with the sternocleidomastoid muscles.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/348328-signs-symptoms-of-a-strained-sternocleidomastoid-muscle/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1769463/

I was training. But I didn't feel right prior to the pop. I was getting ulcers in the mouth and when I was training I was felt a little exhausted. Heart beating quick when doing little exercises

drob31

Mouth ulcers can be caused by stress, such as overtraining. I know it's easy to over train your CNS if you workout too much. Although the reason "stress" causes this is more complicated, IE high cortisol could allow for reactivation of EBV/HHV6, or autoimmune like symptoms. Have you tied to lay off training for a month or so?

Have you had blood work done? Cortisol (4x saliva), thyroid, sex hormones, CBC w/ differential, vitamin D, iron w/ ferritin.

Going back to the sternocleidomastoid muscles--those muscles can constrict nerves and cause issues with your CNS, and many organs in your body.

SCM strain may cause headaches, especially at the muscle's attachment point at the base of your skull. Other symptoms may include face or head pain, ringing in your ears, dizziness and blurred vision. Pain and stiffness can disrupt your sleep, which can lead to irritability, fatigue, memory problems and difficulty concentrating. A neck brace will support your head while you sleep. You may also try sleeping on your back with a rolled towel under your neck instead of a pillow to support the natural curve at the base of your skull.

This is VERY helpful info thank you. I've had numerous bloods taken. My doc said they're all ok, I'm seeing a neurologist soon so I hope he/she can go into more depth. I've not trained now properly for about 6/7 months. Still the same

Too low Cortisol is worse than too high.

Adrenal Stage 1 and 2 will be higher cortisol.
Once your adrenal glands are dead, the worsen the symptoms are, and it drops to very low coritsol, stage 3 or 4, and more painful.