• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IGenex vs Armin Strain ?

JAH

Hi Everyone,

• I've had a positive Armin Lyme result and a negative IGenex, and wonder if it has to do with testing or strains, if that makes sense. I'm from the US, but lived in Germany as a kid and noticed that Armin tests for several European strains of Lyme. I couldn't find out which strains of Lyme Igenenx tests for. Does anyone know where I can find out what strains of b. burgdorferi each lab actually tests for?

Thanks, J

msf

It could also be because it is a false positive, or because you have seronegative Lyme (I put the possibility of a false positive first as a peace offering to the Lyme doubters out there).

I don´t know about the Igenex test, sorry.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I live in the UK and was positive on Igenexx. I had some positive and negative on Armin. One thing I know is band 58 on Igenexx has a correlation with the Scottish tick.

JAH

I live in the UK and was positive on Igenexx. I had some positive and negative on Armin. One thing I know is band 58 on Igenexx has a correlation with the Scottish tick.
Thanks Mary
I had one lyme specific positive band positive on my recent Igenex - wonder if thats the same as the armin. I may email Armin about it...

My doc and i haven' t yet gone over my results in detail, so maybe she will know, but these results have been a huge shock to me. Cpn was also extremely high. ( conventional cpn also elevated)

J