• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I can't reach KDM's office

tyson oberle

I have emailed KDM's office four times in the last 3 weeks and I have not had a response back. Finally on my fifth email I received this email response in 3 different languages:
"We have received your mail properly. E-mails are being processed on Monday- Wednesday and Thursday mornings. Because of the large number of mails , there may be a delay in processing your mails.
You can reach us by phone from Monday to Friday from 9AM to 12AM and from 1PM to 2PM." I have called them five or six times during those times, but I keep getting an automated response telling me the number is busy. Has any one been able to reach them?

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi, it certainly can be difficult to reach the clinic - they have an enormous amount of patients. I have had trouble in the past, but other times it can be easy to get through. If the email is not urgent, or for a new patient request it can take more than a few weeks to get a response. If it is an urgent inquiry for a current patient then I now find the response time faster.
Are you making sure you have the time difference right? this, plus calling them at lunch time has tripped me up many times before.

I think you have your calling times a little mixed up. It says on their webite:

To arrange an appointment you can contact us by phone on: Monday, wednesday and thursday from 8h30-12h.
Tuesday and Friday from 8h30-12h and from 13h30-16h.

Are you a new or existing patient?

tyson oberle

Hi, it certainly can be difficult to reach the clinic - they have an enormous amount of patients. I have had trouble in the past, but other times it can be easy to get through. If the email is not urgent, or for a new patient request it can take more than a few weeks to get a response. If it is an urgent inquiry for a current patient then I now find the response time faster.
Are you making sure you have the time difference right? this, plus calling them at lunch time has tripped me up many times before.

I think you have your calling times a little mixed up. It says on their webite:

Are you a new or existing patient?
I called them during those times. I just called them today 3 times, from 7:42 am -7:55 am (my time) which was 13:42 - 13:55 their time. Actually, in their email I received it states to call from 9 - 12 and 13- 14. I am an existing patient. I am almost thinking that maybe I am doing something wrong in trying to call an international number, but I have called their office a few times before in the past. I have run out of 2 prescriptions for a few weeks now which need authorization for a refill, but I don't know if they regard that as urgent.

justy

I called them during those times. I just called them today 3 times, from 7:42 am -7:55 am (my time) which was 13:42 - 13:55 their time. Actually, in their email I received it states to call from 9 - 12 and 13- 14. I am an existing patient. I am almost thinking that maybe I am doing something wrong in trying to call an international number, but I have called their office a few times before in the past. I have run out of 2 prescriptions for a few weeks now which need authorization for a refill, but I don't know if they regard that as urgent.
Oh dear - I am sorry to hear that. I think there is a specific e mail address for the admin woman that deals with patients in the states? i'm in the UK so not sure what it is. Have you marked your e mails URGENT? don't know what else to suggest.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@tyson oberle - I e-mailed their office last July with questions about a potential initial appointment in Reno and never received a reply ..... I didn't bother e-mailing again. Hopefully they will respond better to an existing patient --

justy

it looks like you called them when there is no one there to take calls - on Mpondays they don't take calls after 12 - take a look again at the list of times I posted above, this is the most up to date.

tyson oberle

it looks like you called them when there is no one there to take calls - on Mpondays they don't take calls after 12 - take a look again at the list of times I posted above, this is the most up to date.
This is what I received from them by email a few days ago: "You can reach us by phone from Monday to Friday from 9AM to 12AM and from 1PM to 2PM." I just called them again today at 11:55 their time and 13:10 their time. I am starting to think that their is a problem at my end with my cell phone service, because now I am remembering that when I called them in the past I would at least get their voice mail.

justy

This is what I received from them by email a few days ago: "You can reach us by phone from Monday to Friday from 9AM to 12AM and from 1PM to 2PM." I just called them again today at 11:55 their time and 13:10 their time. I am starting to think that their is a problem at my end with my cell phone service, because now I am remembering that when I called them in the past I would at least get their voice mail.
The e mail is incorrect. I call them all the time at the times advertised on their website. Of course you cant get through when they are shut - the email must have a mistake in it. you called them BEOFRE 1.30 which is the time advertised omn their website to call after on a Tuesday and I did tell you this above - twice!

tyson oberle

@justy I did call them today at 11:55 AM (their time) which is within those hours you mentioned. I will try again tomorrow this time a little earlier than 5 minutes before 12. And if I can't call early enough tomorrow or Thursday I will wait until Friday to call after 1:30 (13h30) and before 16h. But if I call outside their hours shouldn't I get their voice mail or actually I believe it was an automated message stating their hours, etc,? I remember getting their automated message in the past. I don't get that anymore. I think there may be a problem with my service or I am dialing the number wrong. From the United States I call 011 32 2668740. Yes I saw the hours you posted, but since their email with the hours to call was just sent to me a few days ago I reasoned that they gave me the correct hours

Last edited:

tyson oberle

@justy I will try to email them again as well. How do I mark an email URGENT? I was trying to send a practice one to someone and I didn't see a way to do that. Or do you mean I need to put URGENT as the subject? Thanks for all your help

justy

@justy I will try to email them again as well. How do I mark an email URGENT? I was trying to send a practice one to someone and I didn't see a way to do that. Or do you mean I need to put URGENT as the subject? Thanks for all your help
yes I just put Urgent in the subject - then I call them two days later to ask about the e mail - this usually works. I find it hard to get through if I call just a few minutes before reception closes. I have had an automated message at times in the past but not in recent times - perhaps they have changed it? If you dial the number wrong you get an automated message from Belgian telecoms (or whatever they are called) in French and in Flemish.

Daffodil

@justy I did call them today at 11:55 AM (their time) which is within those hours you mentioned. I will try again tomorrow this time a little earlier than 5 minutes before 12. And if I can't call early enough tomorrow or Thursday I will wait until Friday to call after 1:30 (13h30) and before 16h. But if I call outside their hours shouldn't I get their voice mail or actually I believe it was an automated message stating their hours, etc,? I remember getting their automated message in the past. I don't get that anymore. I think there may be a problem with my service or I am dialing the number wrong. From the United States I call 011 32 2668740. Yes I saw the hours you posted, but since their email with the hours to call was just sent to me a few days ago I reasoned that they gave me the correct hours
tyson.....the number to dial is: 011 322 2 66 8740 make sure you dial three 2's!

also, even though they are supposed to answer from 1 - 2 pm, they often do not because there is sometimes only 1 person there and she is very busy.

you must try to wake up in the middle of the night to call to make sure you get through....try 9 or 10 AM belgium time.

and get your pharmacy to fax them a request for refills...if they will not fax belgium, fax the office yourself. call, email and fax! do all 3.....and write "URGENT URGENT URGENT" on top of everything. you must do this at least 2 weeks before your prescriptions run out!!! very important!

tyson oberle

@Daffodil It has been my fault not being able to reach them by phone; I have been dialing only two 3's, not the required three 3's. Good eye Daffodil! I can't believe I missed that, but if I dial a wrong phone number or a phone number with a missing digit to anyone here in the United States I would get an automated message telling me that my call can not be completed as dialed and to check my number. Instead when I tried to call KDM's office I got an automated message always telling me that the line was busy. Anyway KDM's office finally emailed me back yesterday with an authorization for my refill. And they even scheduled me for a phone consultation. It took them a month, but I know like @justy said "they have an enormous amount of patients".

Daffodil

@tyson oberle ..i'm glad it worked out. just today i tried to call after 12 pm their time and no answer. i will have to wake up earlier tomorrow.

i believe they have like 600 patients