• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Florida woman sickened by moldy breast implants

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
She didn't say how long she's had them. Only that she started getting sick 4 years ago. Or did i miss that

i don't have them and even I know you have to get them replaced every 10 yrs (what I heard)

antares4141

She didn't say how long she's had them. Only that she started getting sick 4 years ago. Or did i miss that

i don't have them and even I know you have to get them replaced every 10 yrs (what I heard)

What horrified me was the visible black substance on them. I really don't understand how these can be considered safe. If they can get that bad there is probably a period where they cause people real problems because they have a film of bacteria and mold on them but it's not visible. I would think someone could take a sample off of them right after they are removed to check for this. Mold and bacteria is fine in your digestive tract and sinuses and on your skin but the inside of your body is supposed to be sterile. Anything less the way I understand it will cause real problems! Why I want to avoid getting a hip implant that I might unfortunately need one day.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I felt there was a lot missing from that article. How long did she have them in, where they saline or silicon, who was the doc? All that matters. I'm not saying this is good but there is a lot missing.

I watch this medical show on E! called Botched and it's scary where some people go for surgery and what happens. Some woman had her dentist do a nose job, I mean what the hell?

perchance dreamer

It's still prevalent thought that women must look like Barbie dolls to be considered sexy while men can basically look like gargoyles without the slightest bit of insecurity. Will this ever end?

Rrrr

Yikes! This is a horrible story. But apparently not uncommon, from what I read in the article.

Woman's Mystery Illness Linked to Moldy Implants

http://news.yahoo.com/womans-illness-solved-when-docs-extract-implants-164753171.html

In 2011, Anne Ziegenhorn of Florida began to gain weight inexplicably. Normally healthy, the mother of two soon began suffering from burning pain, vision loss, and cloudy thinking and had sores all over her body. She writes that she was unable to talk for 8 months, instead texting and writing on a dry-erase board. She saw many doctors, certain that their diagnoses of lupus, arthritis, and thyroid problems must be wrong....

[the article goes on from there. see above link.]