• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone doing GcMAf with Lyme and sensitivities?

chilove

Hey all,

I'm very curious about GcMaf... it's recommended as part of Kerri Rivera's protocol which I'm having good success with so far. I'm wondering if GcMaf will add to the gains I've had so far. Has anyone here with taken it with Lyme and co-infections? What if you have alot of sensitivities? Does that indicate that you may not want to stimulate immune function so much?

Thanks!

Audrey

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
What if you have alot of sensitivities? Does that indicate that you may not want to stimulate immune function so much?
It doesn't exactly stimulate the immune system, it just replaces an element of it that may be blocked by an enzyme called nagalase. Your level of inflammation is probably more relevant that your sensitivities. GcMAF can increase inflammation.

chilove

Thanks Sushi, that's very interesting. I eat a very anti-inflammatory diet (the raw vegan diet) that has helped me alot with symptom relief so I was wondering what was going on. I"m still not sure GcMAF is for me. It's expensive and I can't really tell that it's done me any good yet or not.