• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can anyone help identify this worm/pathogen on my stool?

Hi guys can anyone offer any guesses as to what this is on my stool? Tapeworm etc??

Also are worms known to cause excessive salivation? I've been taking black walnut hull and cryptolepis for my Babesia and noticed I'm swallowing a lot of saliva every 10-20 seconds consciously. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0088.JPG
    IMG_0088.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    212.7 KB · Views: 55

Thinktank

A little warning would be nice. I can smell your stool from here haha.

It looks like mucus so you might be damaging your gut with the herbs.
If you want to be sure you can do a CDSA 2.0 or G.I. effects (PCR) stooltest with genova diagnostics. That will show if you are infected with parasites, or if it's increased mucus secretion.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Black walnut hull is strong and will kill parasites, don't know what the other thing is you're taking. You need to get a stool test done in order to identify and treat the parasite correctly.

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
Ask your doctor if you can have a stool test for ova and parasites. This is a very routine test and your stool will be examined by technologists who have studied parasitology. (Waves hand.) Not the best job in the world, but at one time it did pay the bills.

That doesn't look like a worm -- it looks like mucus and it's not abnormal to have a little bit. With excess amounts you might want to discuss it with your doctor. You can always ask your doctor to have your stool tested because that is the only way you will know for sure.

That doesn't look like a worm -- it looks like mucus and it's not abnormal to have a little bit. With excess amounts you might want to discuss it with your doctor. You can always ask your doctor to have your stool tested because that is the only way you will know for sure.

Thanks for the replies so far. Is it a bad idea to just try a trial of Mebendazole/Biltricide and see what happens? I've done some stool tests and nothing came up....but I can feel something swishing around under my left ribcage constantly ,even on an empty stomach or when waking up, plus my other GI symptoms, so that's why I suspected worms.

rosamary

Wonderful photographs! I thought it looked like liver! Take those photographs to your GP and I am sure you will soon find that whatever it is is identified.

IreneF

Thanks for the replies so far. Is it a bad idea to just try a trial of Mebendazole/Biltricide and see what happens? I've done some stool tests and nothing came up....but I can feel something swishing around under my left ribcage constantly ,even on an empty stomach or when waking up, plus my other GI symptoms, so that's why I suspected worms.
You can't feel worms swishing around under your ribcage.

IreneF

Hi guys can anyone offer any guesses as to what this is on my stool? Tapeworm etc??

Also are worms known to cause excessive salivation? I've been taking black walnut hull and cryptolepis for my Babesia and noticed I'm swallowing a lot of saliva every 10-20 seconds consciously. Thanks.
I think it's more likely that the stuff you're swallowing is causing your symptoms.