• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LDN

naoise

Hi

I was thinking of starting on LDN - I have a lot of gut issues and have heard it can be good for that? is that true?

the other thing i'm considering is MAF878 but am unsure how that will help anything other than my gut as it's a probiotic.

Any insight would be great!

thanks x

SwanRonson

Best I can tell, the evidence for LDN with gut motility is mixed. There was another thread a while back where someone started LDN for constipation and it worked initially then stopped. Like almost every thing else you just have to experiment and see how your own body responds. Hopefully you have a doctor that's open minded enough to help you try.

Hi

I was thinking of starting on LDN - I have a lot of gut issues and have heard it can be good for that? is that true?

the other thing i'm considering is MAF878 but am unsure how that will help anything other than my gut as it's a probiotic.

Any insight would be great!

thanks x
@naoise I'm on LDN. It's been maybe six months and I don't know if it's doing anything! I felt a little bump in energy right in the beginning, but not anymore. I started it because someone I sorta know said it helped her a lot, but she's not nearly as sick as I am. It turned out my doctor uses it with people and thought it would be helpful. When I mentioned that I felt nothing after that initial bump, he said to stay on it, it's good for me. I realize this reply won't help you much, but it's all I know. :)

naoise

Thanks all for the replies. I mentioned it to Enlander today and he said that if the MAF878 doesn't work we'll try LDN next but i'm not hopefully as GcMaf did nothing and that's meant to be one of the best!