• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Finger pads are wrinkly at times

sillysocks84

Ok, this week is full of new weird symptoms. My finger pads are not always wrinkly, but when I push on the pad it leaves an indent for quite a while. Ideas? Has anyone had this?

Sea

Mine are always like that. My kids have always thought it funny that when I do up a button there is a recognisable button imprint on my finger for some time or small circle imprint when I use a click pen.

I've heard 2 explanations for it
1. Low blood volume - so a level of dehydration
2. Loss of subdermal fat layer, apparently common in autoimmune illnesses
Note I don't know whether either of those are correct

sillysocks84

Mine are always like that. My kids have always thought it funny that when I do up a button there is a recognisable button imprint on my finger for some time or small circle imprint when I use a click pen.

I've heard 2 explanations for it
1. Low blood volume - so a level of dehydration
2. Loss of subdermal fat layer, apparently common in autoimmune illnesses
Note I don't know whether either of those are correct
Well pretty sure I have pots so maybe thats because of low blood volume then

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
@sillysocks84 And then there is the other finger pad question: are you losing your fingerprints? :jaw-drop:We've discussed and joked about this in the past, but it is a common occurrence.

sillysocks84

@sillysocks84 And then there is the other finger pad question: are you losing your fingerprints? :jaw-drop:We've discussed and joked about this in the past, but it is a common occurrence.
Refresh my memory please. Well so far I still can see fingerprints lol. But can you elaborate a little? Thanks sushi!

sillysocks84

Thank you all, this morning when I woke up they didn't indent like yesterday so who knows lol. I think I started the day off yesterday being dehydrated from possibly not drinking enough the day before. That's what I'm going with.

Seven7

Seven
Mine went away when started treating OI (midodrine+florinef) the cold spells went away too. Unless I overdo like A LOT and crash badly.

Martial

Ever since getting sick I don't sweat much. During my remission my underarms started sweating some again though. Tmi, yes.

Lol, well another reason it can happen not mentioned is oils being stripped from the dermis layer of our skin, which can happen with contact allergies, dermatitis, and eczema, dry skin, thyroid/hormone issues some of which are common with these kinds of illnesses.

sillysocks84

Lol, well another reason it can happen not mentioned is oils being stripped from the dermis layer of our skin, which can happen with contact allergies, dermatitis, and eczema, dry skin, thyroid/hormone issues some of which are common with these kinds of illnesses.
Makes sense, I was cleaning up my dog's mess from being sick as well the night before, so maybe my skin didn't like the cleaner. Thanks!

I had this for months, my family thought it was weird and maybe a form of raynauds.

My fingertips were wrinkly (like just got out of the bath finished washing dishes wrinkly) all the time. It was summer and my water intake was more excessive cause a/c was out.

If I took a shower the wrinkling would get worse and become severely painful, same with doing dishes.

I never did find a cause and it eventually went away, except on occasion now the extreme painful wrinkling while showering happens, my showers last only 5 - 10 minutes and I avoid excessive wager exposure now to my hands.