• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Need a reliable probiotic vendor on Amazon

Bdeep86

So I've been ordering probiotics on amazon for about 7 years now, not consistently usually once a year. i'd say 90% of the time that they get to me they are dead before they arrive, even the shelf stable ones are old. Does anyone know a good vendor on amazon who keeps them fresh and sends them with a cooler pack?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Are you in the US? There's a few places I order from that have fresh stuff and will use ice if you want to pay

I find amazon products consistently change vendors. Obviosly not reliable for that kind of stuff

One is www.pureformulas.com

Iherb
Natural healthy concepts might.

sillysocks84

I read the reviews for vsl3 from the link @Antares in NYC gave and not only did a person say it helped his ulcerative colitis but also joint pains. That's remarkable. I will have to give it a try. I need to go back and read what strains it has. Maybe I should do tests for the right probiotic but my wallet can't take many more hits at this moment. Although I need to try something. I hear probiotic + resistant starch has really helped some people. I guess I'll be my own doctor a while before I strike it rich.

Antares in NYC

I read the reviews for vsl3 from the link @Antares in NYC gave and not only did a person say it helped his ulcerative colitis but also joint pains. That's remarkable. I will have to give it a try. I need to go back and read what strains it has. Maybe I should do tests for the right probiotic but my wallet can't take many more hits at this moment. Although I need to try something. I hear probiotic + resistant starch has really helped some people. I guess I'll be my own doctor a while before I strike it rich.
You'll find more details on the strains and composition at the manufacturer's website:

http://www.vsl3.com/discover/

From the site:
  • Bifidobacterium breve
  • Bifidobacterium longum
  • Bifidobacterium infantis
  • Lactobacillus acidophilus
  • Lactobacillus plantarum
  • Lactobacillus paracasei
  • Lactobacillus bulgaricus
  • Streptococcus thermophilus
Recommended doses:

For IBS: 2 - 4 capsules per day