• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

An Advocate for my Medical for my ME/CFS - Dilemma

Jennifer J

Hi, Everyone.

I posted again on Craigslist for a Medical Advocate in the volunteer section. Third time may be a charm.:) Someone responded!

Here's the dilemma, I mostly need someone's help regarding my ME/CFS and my chemical sensitivities. Because of the disbelief from many that comes with this illness, I need help navigating communication, education and getting things I need.

What should I point her to regarding ME/CFS and the history, prejudice, complications, seriousness, etc.?
I thought I could send her a link to PR, yet I'm not sure what she'll read and how much.

Is there something else anyone would recommend, a site or well written piece about this that wouldn't be too long, as an introduction for her, to see if she'll want to help me or run for the hills?

Thank you for your help. (Heart emoticons.)

Last edited:

*GG*

Sorry, I have no feedback on this, but wonder what your ad reads like. Sounds creative!

GG

Maybe post the link? Be safe though!

Jennifer J

Thank you everyone for your replies.:)

Sorry, I have no feedback on this, but wonder what your ad reads like. Sounds creative!

GG

Maybe post the link? Be safe though!

Thank you, @ggingues. A Seinfeld episode gave me the idea!:) Kramer got an intern from NYU to help him with his day to day stuff. I was jokingly thinking I need that. Then I thought why not and maybe I can find someone who wants to advocate for me.

I don't really want to post the link for privacy reasons. Basically I say something nice about me, that I have a medical condition/autoimmune or something without saying ME/CFS, that my energy is limited and I need help, and say something about why they might enjoy doing this or how it might be beneficial for them (because I'm on a fixed income and couldn't compensate them financially).

Yes, CL is risky. Have to be careful.

Check out @JaimeS blogs. She's written a short and a longer version descriptions of ME, including myths. it might be perfect for you. good luck.

Thank you, @ahmo for pointing me to her blog. I did peruse it. I will check it out further. I really appreciate all the work she put into that. Thank you @JaimeS!

I hope she works out!

Thank you, @SickOfSickness.:) She sounds promising. We'll see. I've been to crashed so far have only done a couple emails back and forth. Fingers crossed.