• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Prayer for the People of Paris

Gingergrrl

upload_2015-11-14_0-20-13.png

I just learned about the horrific terrorist attacks in Paris and am praying for everyone there tonight. Was also hoping that @Cheshire and any other PR members in France can let us know that they are safe and okay.

Gingergrrl

@Cheshire Glad you are okay and was worried about you. The family who rented our apartment prior to us moving in in Sept was from Paris and they were in the US for a year abroad. We bought a lot of their furniture (b/c we needed it b/c we lost ours to mold and they needed to sell it b/c they couldn't take it back to France so we were a perfect match.) They were a lovely family and kept in touch with them via e-mail. I am praying that they are okay, too, but haven't heard anything yet.

Countrygirl

Just terrible news! Such unimaginable evil!

I am waiting to have a reply from one of our young members who lives in Paris. Nothing yet!

perchance dreamer

I've also been thinking about the one French member that I know of. I don't believe he lives in Paris, but of course, the whole country is affected by this horror.

I'm also thinking about France's neighboring countries and the rest of Europe. I know it must be so frightening and infuriating.

Gingergrrl

Just saw on news that an American college student who was studying abroad in Paris was killed in the attacks and she went to the same school where I got my masters degree in social work. So horribly sad seeing her picture and those of all the other innocent victims.