• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Omg, valtrex $256/mo. Normal?

Clerner

Wow, just got generic valtrex. Taking 1000 mg 3x/day. One month of 3 g is $256 at walgreens.( insurance paid $724) Is this normal? Is there another place that is cheaper?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I paid $10. It depends on your insurance. Call around. Pricing can vary.

@Clerner adc is reliable.

@Hip I just ordered from a new place. When I get my order, which shipped 2 days later, I'll let you know.

They have AV But not Valcyte. Valtrex is about $1.66 includes shipping but they have a few doses snd generics

Vineyard1

Through my insurance I pay $15.00 for a 3 month supply only if I use their mail order system...otherwise 3 grams is well over $ 250.00

Andielyn

Pharmaceutical costs in the US are out of control. I fully get the need for R&D, etc. but the cost that goes into direct-to-consumer marketing and marketing to doctors is inflating med costs. One med, 30 pills/30 day supply that my daughter takes is over $8,300/month. Yes, that's right. Insane. Okay, off my soapbox. @Clerner I hope you find a cheaper source like the mail order ADC recommended.

As an update on the acyclovir and how it's working for me, I just had a PEM crash but it only lasted 3 days, one migraine, bad joint/muscle aches and weakness, and bad fatigue, but overall compared to past crashes not as hard or long in duration. So still remaining hopeful that the antivirals are having a positive effect. ~Andielyn

Clerner

Pharmaceutical costs in the US are out of control. I fully get the need for R&D, etc. but the cost that goes into direct-to-consumer marketing and marketing to doctors is inflating med costs. One med, 30 pills/30 day supply that my daughter takes is over $8,300/month. Yes, that's right. Insane. Okay, off my soapbox. @Clerner I hope you find a cheaper source like the mail order ADC recommended.

As an update on the acyclovir and how it's working for me, I just had a PEM crash but it only lasted 3 days, one migraine, bad joint/muscle aches and weakness, and bad fatigue, but overall compared to past crashes not as hard or long in duration. So still remaining hopeful that the antivirals are having a positive effect. ~Andielyn
Glad it is going pretty well for you. Only on my 2nd day of valtrex but only 1 g. I'm slowly working my way up to 3 g. Good luck!