• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

First appointment with Dr. John Chia

Ayaju

Greetings! I'm new here, but not new to CFS; was stricken at Christmastime 1997. I'm a new patient of Dr. Chia's. I meet the criteria to take the Chinese herbs. He wants me to get a couple more lab tests, and the stomach biopsy. I want to do those before I start taking the Equilibrant. Also, this will give me more time to research whether or not it's a good idea for me to experiment by taking the herbs.

Because I have autoimmune disease, it's possible I will acquire more pain from taking the herbs as the fatigue lessens; if it does. Do you know what I'm talking about? Has anyone here had that experience?

Dr. Chia doesn't think my Hashimotos or RA will be much of a factor for me personally; because of how they present in me, which is minimally. I also understand that the herbs don't work as well for women as they do for men (because of our ovaries). Funny, my ovaries are now depleted of eggs... wonder if that will help me out? LOL! Hurray for menopause, eh?!

I look forward to hearing your replies, Judy

Does anyone have Dr. Chia's or Dr. Kaufman's email address? I would like to send them my health summary in hopes that they can help me with my situation

Gingergrrl

Does anyone have Dr. Chia's or Dr. Kaufman's email address? I would like to send them my health summary in hopes that they can help me with my situation

You need to make an appt and can't just email them your health summaries out of the blue! I am seeing Chia in Feb after an eight month wait and was told very clearly on phone and in letter not to send him anything prior to the appt (except the blood test results that he is requesting.)

Folk

You need to make an appt and can't just email them your health summaries out of the blue! I am seeing Chia in Feb after an eight month wait and was told very clearly on phone and in letter not to send him anything prior to the appt (except the blood test results that he is requesting.)
I emailed Dr. Kaufman with my history to know if he would be able to help me prior to my appt and he replied with his thoughts and that yes, he thought he could help me.
So I think it's ok at OMI. He won't treat you over e-mail, but he can give you his oppinion.