• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anti inflammatories for intestines

Hi, guys!
Can you advise me some good anti inflammatories for my intestines? I have adhesions from previous surgery and it provokes bacterial growth and inflammation. My CFS symptoms is out of control now( I take prebiotics and it helps, but I need something more to reduce inflammation. Help please!

msf

I have been prescribed Mesalazine before (I didn´t notice much effect, if any), but I think it depends on what your exact issues are. What does your Gastroenterologist say about it?

I´ve found that the FODMAP diet has been best for reducing inflammation, or at least IBS and ME symptoms.

My GI thinks I have inflammation due to the growth of bacteria. I took Rifaximin but it only made things worse. I'm looking for some agent that I can take long time and that doesn't have much side effects. Mb herbs or something. My GI doesn't know anything about it, he only can prescribe antibiotics.

msf

Well, I also have problems because of the growth of bacteria, and the FODMAP diet helped me a lot - it restricts certain bacteria from growing by removing their favourite nutrients.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I can't do the FODMAP, I eat too many of the vegetables restricted, I can't tolerate many of those allowed so its not a goer for me. Someone on FB recently said its worked brilliantly for her, only thing that has, but also a low daily dose of Rifaxamin rather than the mega doses often prescribed by docs.

msf

Some of those allowed on FODMAP aren´t allowed on Paleo. I try to combine the two.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Its so bl**dy hard, I eat a very limited diet of veg, meat and some GF bread, few potatoes occ rice, and that's it, can't tolerate eggs which I used to love, no cheese, dairy, sugar, legumes.... sometimes I think is it worth it, then have something I shouldn't and the backlash makes me realise yes it is!!!

Rooney

Hi, guys!
Can you advise me some good anti inflammatories for my intestines? I have adhesions from previous surgery and it provokes bacterial growth and inflammation. My CFS symptoms is out of control now( I take prebiotics and it helps, but I need something more to reduce inflammation. Help please!
Deep tissue massage may help loosen adhesions. I know someone this worked on.
A pro kinetic drug to increase motility.
Also,I have Postural Tachycardia. My cardio suggested Bentyl as my small veins are too tight. This would increase motility.
Anti inflammatory drugs are a band-aid and may upset lining of your stomach.
The Specific Carbo Diet helped my SIBO symptoms.
Good Luck!