• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Keith Laws blog on PACE - Song for the Siren

adreno

PR activist
Whatever the explanation, GET is the only group to show no improvement during follow-up. Even with no additional therapy, both the SMC controls and the APT group improved, as indeed did CBT. The failure of GET patients to respond to adequate additional CBT therapy is curious, not consistent with the claims made and does not look 'promising' for either GET or CBT.
Interesting.

Sasha

Fine, thank you

Bob

It could be said that both CBT & GET hindered improvement after 52 weeks, as the SMC & APT groups experienced faster improvements after 52 weeks. I wonder if patients will be told this? In any case, CBT & GET offered no treatment benefits compared to usual care when assessed at 2.5 years. I wonder if patients will be told this?

Dolphin

A simpler thing to look at is this image in another thread: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...r-get-after-52-weeks.40884/page-4#post-659274

PACEover2.png

The PACE Trial authors tried to claim that the improvements seen in the APT and SMC-only groups were due to people getting extra CBT or GET, but the data from these groups doesn't back it up (people in these groups who didn't do CBT or GET had similar improvements). Keith Laws looks at a few issues but this point wouldn't stand out I think.

Last edited:

aimossy

It is the sort of thing that is hard to get through and he did make clear points that were understandable and readable. I really do love Simon's graph as well.