• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can liquid LDN be frozen?

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
I have some Nodict Naltrexone 50mg tablets to mix with water for lowering the dose. I haven't taken LDN before so would like to start very low, around 0.1mg. When refrigerated, apparently the LDN water mixture can start to degrade in effectiveness, and develop bacteria within a couple of weeks. This would lead to wasting a lot of the Naltrexone at 0.1mg per day. Even if I use a 1/4 tablet most would be wasted.

Can I mix multiple batches at a roughly 0.1mg dose, keep one batch in the fridge for two weeks max, and freeze the rest in small containers until needed?

Also, I'm hoping someone can double check my dosing math:
50mg Naltrexone + 50ml water = 1mg of Naltrexone per ml of water

so...
50mgN + 100ml w = 0.5
50mgN + 200ml w = 0.25
50mgN + 400ml w = 0.125 mg of Naltrexone per ml of water

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I was told it keeps in a glass bottle in the fridge for a month. I did that for quite a while. I don't know about freezing.

I crushed a 50 mgs tablet in 50 ml water. It was so cheap I just tossed what i didn't use.

ahmo

Use distilled water to eliminate bacteria growth. I mix mine, it's at room temp for more than a month before I finish the liquid. Excellent yahoo forum, lowdosenaltrexone.. Good intro here, from someone who's part of that forum. On one of those pages I find the following re liquid ldn. Note: the following contradicts what I said above, however, mine seems to be fine at room temp. I have noticed, however, after some months the plastic container has some mold that needs to be removed.
https://sites.google.com/site/dudleyslowdosenaltrexonesites/home/how-to-obtain-ldn
Once a drug passes from a solid to a liquid state, its shelf life can decrease dramatically. According to pharmacist Dr. Skip Lenz, there are two types of liquid LDN, the kind you get from a pharmacy (which will have an added preservative), and the kind you make yourself (which will have no preservative). The pharmacy version should last 90 days in the fridge. The homemade version should not be kept for more that 30 days. Because at least one of the the fillers common to Naltrexone tablets (lactose) supports bacterial and fungal growth, homemade liquid LDN should be refrigerated at all times. The fresher the preparation, the better, and refrigeration goes a long way toward preserving that freshness. Also, I believe it would be a good idea to keep it from direct exposure to sunlight.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I was told it keeps in a glass bottle in the fridge for a month. I did that for quite a while. I don't know about freezing.

I crushed a 50 mgs tablet in 50 ml water. It was so cheap I just tossed what i didn't use.
This is what I do too. If you use distilled water, it is supposed to remain viable for at least a month. I take 3 mgs (3 mls) per day and one 50 mg dissolved pill lasts for about 16 days. If I were taking a tiny dose and was concerned about it going "off," like @minkeygirl, I'd just throw it out as it only cost me about $1.50 per month using the generic tablets.

Just want to share what I do. I fill a graduated cylinder with 50 ml of distilled water and pour the water from the graduate cylinder into a 4oz glass jar; then drop in one 50mg tablet. I think it should be distilled water.