• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Trials in Cambridge

digital dog

Does anyone know of any trials in Cambridge coming up in the New Year that we can sign up to?

It's complicated but I've been told that there is a trial coming up and I need to find out about it. You get paid around £200 to take part in it.

I don't suppose anyone has heard of a trial?

digital dog

Ive been reading up and I think my friend has mixed up Dr Jo Cambridge with the place. She must be talking about the rituximab trials which are impossible to get on in the UK.
GGGGRRRRrrRrrrRRR

charles shepherd

We are about to completely revise the research section on the MEA website and this will now include a section on research studies and clinical trials that require volunteers

If you are in the Cambridge area, and are in the severe category, would you be willing to donate a blood sample to our Biobank at UCL/Royal Free Hospital? More info here:

http://www.meassociation.org.uk/201...lood-samples-to-be-stepped-up-21-august-2015/

Our research nurse lives in Cambridge and is able to visit people with severe ME/CFS at home to take samples

I am not aware of any clinical trials re ME/CFS taking place in Cambridge, and you probably know that apart from our post-mortem research group there isn't a great deal of research interest in ME/CFS at Addenbrooke's Hospital

digital dog

Thank you Charles Shepherd. MEA? ME Association website?
I do not live in Cambridge (I used to many moons ago) but a friend mentioned something to do with trials and Cambridge. Perhaps she was mixing up the doctor and the place!
Just for information, do you know if it is at all possible to get on the rituximab trials here in the UK?
I had a wee read but it looks pretty impossible to secure a place.
Thanks again for taking the time to write.
DD

charles shepherd

Thank you Charles Shepherd. MEA? ME Association website?
I do not live in Cambridge (I used to many moons ago) but a friend mentioned something to do with trials and Cambridge. Perhaps she was mixing up the doctor and the place!
Just for information, do you know if it is at all possible to get on the rituximab trials here in the UK?
I had a wee read but it looks pretty impossible to secure a place.
Thanks again for taking the time to write.
DD

MEA = MEA website: www.meassociation.org.uk

Questions about volunteering for the UK Rituximab trial are best directed to Jonathan Edwards on another thread, or start a new one…..

My understanding is that no firm decision has yet been made as to where and when this UK trial will occur and I don't think that the protocol, along with patient selection, exact costs, ethical approval etc has been agreed and sorted at this point

So I assume a starting date is some way off...