• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Save big money by buying expired/overstocked supplements

Gypsy

I wanted to share two websites that I often buy supplements from that offer huge savings on supplements, many high quality brands like Metagenics, Biotics Research, Pure Encapsulations, etc., because they are expired or they are overstocked. (No, I don't work for either company! And yes, use your own discretion about how long expired supplements are good for, but I've taken lots and never had a problem)

www.healthdesigns.com

Click on the "Specials" tab. This has the expired supplements at huge savings. I've seen $90 supplements going for $10! You just have to see if what you want is in the specials.

The other website is:

www.thenatural.com

Click on where it says "Deals" and then "Overstock Sale". I have found lots of stuff and it is all 40% off because it is overstocked.

Last edited:

Gypsy

@minkeygirl

The sites I posted above have really expenive brands like Metagenics, Pure Encapsulations, Thorne, etc., for really cheap. Hard to find those brands discounted!

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I don't want expired stuff. I take things then stop for awhile. No point how cheap if they expire and I can't use them.

Gypsy

@minkeygirl Well, many medications have been shown to be OK for up to 10 years after "expiration"! How would a 2 month expired supplement not work? I think they are just trying to justify making us spend much more money by thinking something is not good after a few months.

Its like the "sell by dates" on foods.

Hell, I have supplements over a year old and they still seem effective to me.

Last edited:

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I have drawers full off stuff I have not used yet. That I got to try and haven't. Maybe I will in a year. I don't know. But I'd like that Option. My ocd won't let me use expired stuff.

"They" don't force me to buy anything.

Gypsy

I have drawers full off stuff I have not used yet. That I got to try and haven't. Maybe I will in a year. I don't know. But I'd like that Option. My ocd won't let me use expired stuff.

"They" don't force me to buy anything.

I have OCD also so I understand! Just not OCD in this supplement regard. I just hate wasting money on supplements and it seems that most are good for years and years after the "expiration".

Last edited: