• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NAG is making me nauseaus (sp?)

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I won't bore you with the set up but based on @Hip 's thread on anxiety I got some NAG with the off chance it might help me with something that could be adrenal, anxiety or alien invasion.

I took 700 mgs yesterday on an empty stomach, dumb on my part. After the nausea passed an hour or two later, my "problem" was gone. Yippee

So this morning I wised up and took 700 (Hip's recommendation) with food. I still got nauseated but not nearly as bad.

For those who have taken this, will the nausea ease up? I can stick it out or I can split a cap.

This is my first time taking this so I have no idea how this works.

Thanks and please tag me.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I just ate some carbs and I'm nauseated again. The problem it is solving (clueless as to why) is much worse than spacey of nausea for me.

I slept crap so not sure if that's why I feel horrible but that's not the nausea.

I'll split a cap and see unless someone has more info.

perchance dreamer

While you are trying to figure out your nausea problem, do ginger or a little baking soda in water help relieve symptoms?

Hip

@minkeygirl
I think I did come across one other person who had some stomach symptoms taking NAG. I don't know why this is.

You could try dissolving the power contents of a NAG tablet in say 30 ml of warm water, and then applying it to a large area of body skin, to try to get it do absorb transdermally (much like people apply magnesium cream transdermally). That might prevent the nausea.

The only other thing I can suggest is trying some of the other anti-anxiety supplements in my list. NAG I found to be the best for anxiety, but there are many other good ones. For me, no single supplement is powerful enough to eliminate all my anxiety, so I have to take several of these supplements together, such that their combined effect is strongly anxiolytic. I believe most of my anti-anxiety supplement likely work through their anti-inflammatory action that lowers brain inflammation.

While you are trying to figure out your nausea problem, do ginger or a little baking soda in water help relieve symptoms?

That is a good idea. And if you took the ginger say 30 minutes before the NAG, it might it even prevent the nausea. Ginger reduces nausea via its 5-HT3 receptor antagonism. And if you really want a potent anti-nausea supplement, get hold of some lemon essential oil, and take 5 to 10 drops (diluted in cooking oil of course, not neat).

Lemon essential oil contains a very potent 5-HT3 antagonist, apparently much more potent than ginger.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Hip anxiety is not my current issue. I just was grasping at straws. Bought a few things to see what would work.

@perchance dreamer When I get nauseated nothing helps. Not even an Rx. I Just have to tough it out.

And now that I got nauseated twice after I ate something that does not get me nauseated I dont know about continuing orally. I took one at 2 yesterday and after the nausea passed I was fine. Today not so much. Weird

I like your idea of opening a cap into some lotion so I may take a break and try that over the weekend.

Thanks.

Hip

@Hip anxiety is not my current issue. I just was grasping at straws. Bought a few things to see what would work.

I appreciate that. Though because a lot the supplements on my list I think reduce brain inflammation, and because brain inflammation has been linked to a number of mental symptoms or conditions (eg depression, bipolar, OCD), as well as of course to ME/CFS itself, these supplements may potentially be good at treating a range of mental symptoms.

You don't happen to have seasonal affective disorder (SAD, aka: winter depression), by any chance? I suffer from SAD, and as the light gets dimmer at this time of year, SAD symptoms may kick in. Usually I get depressed from a lack of light, and I use a bright SAD light next to my computer which works well to combat SAD.

But this year, for some reason, I found my SAD condition was triggering other mental symptoms, not just depression, which then cleared up once I started using my SAD light.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Depression and anxiety is not the symptom I have right now and rarely is for me. Nag is the first thing I tried, because why the hell not? I'd eat rat poop if it would help.

I live in California and like the dark. SAD isn't an issue for me

I wanted to know about the nausea because dr Google didn't know. Transdermal is a good idea. I'll try that over the weekend