• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cause for worry or small celebration? ?

sillysocks84

My blood pressure has been consistently going up over the past couple months. It was 100/75. Last week it was 125/80. Is that too high for a 30 y/o? I did have my 2 year old with me and was stressed out pretty badly. My heartrate is also not as high as in the past over all. Should I be concerned about the blood pressure? I still feel pots or maybe it's just cfs. But it's not intolerable but I wonder if this means progress or if the BP will keep rising out of control? Sorry bit ever since having this disease everything worries me.

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
I don't think you need to worry about a BP of 125/80, but I would check it once or twice a week at the same time of day just to see if a trend is indeed developing. Don't know if you're on any medications, but some of them will affect BP, so try to keep those the same also when you are doing a BP check.

Kyla

ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ
blood-pressure-chart-by-age1.png

You appear to be well within the normal range. (At least according to the Internet)
As with anything else with this disease I guess it depends on whether the change came with new / distressing symptoms.
If you are concerned you could try keeping a daily log and see what it does.

In other news I learned from this chart that I am between 1 month and 5 years old on any given day. :p

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
125-80 is NOTHING to worry about. Nor is the fact that you have had lower readings in the past. Blood pressure is often all over the place with ME/CFS.

If you don`t have other cardiovascular risk factors, then probably the only thing concerning in the LONG run would beconsistent hypertension (systolic over 140, diastolic over 90).

You could do a 24 hour BP-monitor every 6 months to get the full picture.

When having ME blood pressure is often normal when supine, so if one is supine most of the time, having somewhat high readings when e.g sitting probably isnt of concern anyway.

If you are concerned I`m sure a doctor would calm your worries :)

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
Baseline is 120/80. 140/100. I think is when you have to worry.

My bp is all over the place. Lately really low. Like 109/68 at times I just watch it and don't worry. My doc knows.

125/80 given the circumstances is nothing.

Don't borrow problems.

109/68 is a great BP, if its while resting :) Systolic under 100 and diastolic under 60 is when it`s low.

sillysocks84

Have you been drinking licorice tea? It will raise BP over several weeks or months if consumed frequently.
Only thing different is I eat enough eggs to get choline in. High dose vit. C and have been taking neuroprotek . It may be trying to normalize?? But I don't know because I've learned it is bad to assume when it comes to this.

sillysocks84

125-80 is NOTHING to worry about. Nor is the fact that you have had lower readings in the past. Blood pressure is often all over the place with ME/CFS.

If you don`t have other cardiovascular risk factors, then probably the only thing concerning in the LONG run would beconsistent hypertension (systolic over 140, diastolic over 90).

You could do a 24 hour BP-monitor every 6 months to get the full picture.

When having ME blood pressure is often normal when supine, so if one is supine most of the time, having somewhat high readings when e.g sitting probably isnt of concern anyway.

If you are concerned I`m sure a doctor would calm your worries :)
Yes, I was thinking if this whole disease never happened to me I probably never would have thought twice about that reading. Paranoia. I'm seeing a cardio next week. Trying to make my pots diagnosis official. My gp said I could have it but didn't know what to do at the time and it wasn't a concern because she didn't think there were treatment options. So back to the cardio that ran an ekg and echocardiogram last April and found my heart healthy, just fast. :-( lol. I'm in an area that doesn't keep up to date apparently.

Thanks for the reassurance!

Gingergrrl

Only thing different is I eat enough eggs to get choline in. High dose vit. C and have been taking neuroprotek . It may be trying to normalize?? But I don't know because I've learned it is bad to assume when it comes to this.

Egg whites are very high histamine (yolks are okay) but don't know if this is a problem for you?

sillysocks84

Egg whites are very high histamine (yolks are okay) but don't know if this is a problem for you

So far it has been good. I blend the whole thing in a smoothie Rocky style. I don't do cows milk and limit cheeses and dairy. The bad reactions I have had still were from Onions, garlic and chocolate but mainly during my cycle. So I don't know what to make of that. If it starts to give me trouble I will suspect the whites. Thank you!

Gingergrrl

So far it has been good. I blend the whole thing in a smoothie Rocky style. I don't do cows milk and limit cheeses and dairy. The bad reactions I have had still were from Onions, garlic and chocolate but mainly during my cycle. So I don't know what to make of that. If it starts to give me trouble I will suspect the whites. Thank you!

Not sure if by Rocky style you mean raw but if so, raw eggs are about as high histamine as you can get. Not trying to be a pest about it and you may not have the same issues as me (but not sure from our previous discussion.)

Onions are high histamine but white onions are the exception (which I can eat.)

sillysocks84

Not sure if by Rocky style you mean raw but if so, raw eggs are about as high histamine as you can get. Not trying to be a pest about it and you may not have the same issues as me (but not sure from our previous discussion.)
I do mean raw, and you are not a pest. I don't know if I have histamine intolerance or mast cell activation disorder around my period only or what. This whole thing had confused me to know end. One day one thing is a problem and next week it could be ok and something different taking it's place. For example, about a year ago I had swallowing problems. Like my muscles didn't push everything down. That's resolved and I so don't want it again. Every once in a while I get jaw pains from chewing and I avoid steak.

If I get brave I will try white onions during my cycle.

Gingergrrl

Glad I am not being a pest and please don't test eating white onions during your cycle if you know you react to them!!!

Stick with what works for you and keep a daily food journal (I think you already are?). I was adding more foods (still low histamine) but then had a bad flare up so had to go back to the basics again.

sillysocks84

Glad I am not being a pest and please don't test eating white onions during your cycle if you know you react to them!!!

Stick with what works for you and keep a daily food journal (I think you already are?). I was adding more foods (still low histamine) but then had a bad flare up so had to go back to the basics again.
I have noticed a pattern, and I wonder if I'm not the only one... my symptoms get worse in the fall and winter and get better in the spring and summer. At least the initial time I came down with this and then last year. Today I'm having swollen lymph out of the blue and that has signalled worsening symptoms for me in the past. I hope I can rest enough to avoid anything this time....