• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lyme disease round table held in Sydney

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
https://soundcloud.com/lymediseasea...n-health-lyme-disease-roundtable-sydney-18915

Not sure if it's been posted before, it's a long video (3hrs) about recognition of Lyme in Australia and has evidence from a doctor who treats Lyme and cfs as well as patient testimonies. Also has some tic researchers, as well as govt officials ducking and weaving questions. It appears that Australia probably doesn't have Lyme as recognised by other countries but it's own types of strains. The wording they use is Lyme type infections or tic Bourne infections. The tic researcher said that they found multiple bacteria in Australian tics that could cause infections. Many different animals carry these tics from kangaroos, wombats, dogs etc etc.

Dr schloeffel the doctor treating many Lyme and cfs patients stated that many neurological illnesses like atypical MS, Alzheimer's, cfs bla bla bla had high rates of tic Bourne infections, mycoplasma and Cpn. He states he is getting people well with abx and other treatments but because of the high cost of testing and treatment , that it is out of reach of many who are on disability etc. he seems to be pushing for testing in Australia and thinks it's ridiculous that Australians have to send blood overseas to Germany and America for testing when it should be available here. Evidence based medicine was brought up and dr S mentioned patients need to be treated individually as they don't fit into the evidence based medicine idea but also research is so poor that there is limited evidence anyway. He calls for the govt to treat patients individually until proper research shows they fit into evidence based medicine or else patients will just continue to suffer.

I'm sure I have missed something but it's worth a listen and I think this is probably a similar issue in many other countries too.

Cheers

knackers323

@heapsreal And others does anyone know what the options are for those in aust looking to get pcr testing for all these kind of infections?

Does Dr schloeffel mention where he gets patients tested?

Aust biologics does a few but misses many that can be tested for overseas.

Also is aust biologics Lyme pcr testing considered reliable

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
@heapsreal And others does anyone know what the options are for those in aust looking to get pcr testing for all these kind of biologics dns?

Does Dr schloeffel mention where he gets patients tested?

Aust biologics does a few but misses many that can be tested for overseas.

Also is aust biologics Lyme pcr testing considered reliable

He mentions he gets positives from aus biologics.
I spoke to someone recently about aus biologics vs overseas testing . It was mentioned that the lyme assoc here in oz get a kick back from recommending igenex in the USA and why aus biologics dont get recommended .

But i dont really know . Always seems to be politics involved which makes it hard to get an answer??