• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

WPI UK XMRV testing/study

Tom

windows exterminator
Booked for Ashford , can give a lift if someone wants.
I'm near Maggies home town,Grantham on the A1

Tom

Just got my email for Ashford but I live in Northern Ireland?? I don,t think they understand there is water between N. Ireland and England mainland yet it's all UK!! Of course who would! I sent a message asking where the venue is for me I hope they understand.
Joan

maryb

iherb code TAK122
:confused: just checked my email i havent recieved an email with any arranged venues ? im west yorkshire anyone else near me got their email ?

There isn't a venue in Yorkshire i think the nearest is Manchester.
There is a Northern Ireland venue though

VillageLife

Just got my email for Ashford but I live in Northern Ireland?? I don,t think they understand there is water between N. Ireland and England mainland yet it's all UK!! Of course who would! I sent a message asking where the venue is for me I hope they understand.
Joan

Hi Joan, in the email you got, is there anything that says 'Please Click on the Signup Sheet to schedule your appointment' if so click on the Signup sheet and there maybe other locations listed there ? (I have heard from people that Northern Ireland should be avaliable!)

pollycbr125

There isn't a venue in Yorkshire i think the nearest is Manchester.
There is a Northern Ireland venue though

Thanks Mary Manchester is too far for me to drive at the mo i did email them at the beginning saying that i couldnt travel far so if there wasnt a venue nearby i would need a home draw i wonder if they have put me down for a home draw in that case ?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Polly - I think they are contacting home draws next, in addition to the venue list they asked in this e-mail if we had requested a home draw,to reply to the e-mail advising them.

sproggle

Jan
I'm booked for Sunderland at 2.30pm!!!!!!! No idea what day of course, hope it's not the one week I'm away?! Feeling exciting, how sad am I lol!! :tongue:

Anyone else booked Sunderland here? there's a few appoinments booked!

Did anyone get a confirmation email once they booked? I only booked 10 minutes ago &it updated the collection sign-up sheet immediately so prob fine without...

Love you all, I'm excited now :victory::victory:

Jan xxxxxxxx

Opted for Gloucestershire venue which is approx 1 hour + drive from home - but it all depends on what date they set.
May have to rearrange - I rely on someone to take me.
Anyone else thinking of Gloucester?

sproggle

Jan
Anyone who has recieved the email who needs a home draw (whether they have already told them this or not) should reply to the email &put "Home Draw!" in the subject line.

Jan xx

K

Knackered

I didn't get an email either! I could easily get a lift to Manchester. I wonder whether they've got me down for a homedraw too?

Has anyone else not recieved an email? I'm wondering whether I should get in contact with them.

bullybeef

I still haven't received an email, but I did ask for a home draw right at the beginning. Has anyone else whom did the same still not received the update email? Maybe the people whom requested home visit won’t.

sproggle

Jan
I didn't get an email either! I could easily get a lift to Manchester. I wonder whether they've got me down for a homedraw too?

Has anyone else not recieved an email? I'm wondering whether I should get in contact with them.

Don't panic too much there are LOTS of times still available for Manchester -only a few have gone. You give you name &email address when you book, it's tempting just to give you the link but I don't know if that will confuse things?!

We always seem to have this problem with emails, mine was recieved at 11.23am anyone got a different time? just would show that they are ending them out individually if we all had different times &might explain the delay some people have...

K

Knackered

Don't panic too much there are LOTS of times still available for Manchester -only a few have gone. You give you name &email address when you book, it's tempting just to give you the link but I don't know if that will confuse things?!

We always seem to have this problem with emails, mine was recieved at 11.23am anyone got a different time? just would show that they are ending them out individually if we all had different times &might explain the delay some people have...

The email states that people down as home draws should not be recieving it.

Maybe they've ot me down for a home draw, when I originally applied i said there's a chance I'd need a home draw depending on how far away I was from the draw locations as I wouldnt be able to travel on my own. I'd rather just get a lift to Manchester, I've been ill lately so maybe it's for the best I get a home draw, at least that way I'm guaranteed to be seen.

Thanks sproggle.

pollycbr125

Maybe they've ot me down for a home draw, when I originally applied i said there's a chance I'd need a home draw depending on how far away I was from the draw locations as I wouldnt be able to travel on my own. I'd rather just get a lift to Manchester, I've been ill lately so maybe it's for the best I get a home draw, at least that way I'm guaranteed to be seen.

Thanks sproggle.

maybe theyve twigged we live just up the road from each other lol so their gonna get two for the price of one anyway ;) .

i still havent got an email just checked , ive also just texted a friend whos abroad til thurs to see if they can get access to their emails where they are as i dont want them to miss out . i dont think they requested a home draw and looking at the locations they are gonna have a long way to travel to any of them .

I was diagnosed as Moderate to Severe ME in 2004.
Am I correct in thinking that some of those included in the XMRV UK tests do not have ME/CFS ?
They are perhaps partners parents etc.!
If so, how would we know what percentage were actually ME/CFS sufferers. This could also affect the final analysis.
To those who have already tested at Ashford - Do we have to confirm we have the illness?
Maybe I have got this all wrong - happens these days.
Tricia - confused in N Oxfordshire.