• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone followed Dr. Konynenburg's protocol and anything changed about it?

Bansaw

I just watched a video from Dr. Konynenburg and his treatment protocol for the methylation issues.

Hydroxo B12 (2000 mcg)
5L-Methyltetrahydrofolate (drops 210mcg)
Folinic Acid (200mcg p/d)
Yaskos Multivitamin (2 tabs p/d)
Lecithin (1200mg p/d)

With B12 I am also doing Adreno B12.

Has anyone got any comments on this? I don't know when he recorded the video so am wondering if any information has been updated? For example, its now known the mixing Adreno and Hydroxo B12 together gives good results.
Also, would be grateful if anyone could recommend a good brand for the supps. ( I use Seeking Health for the B12)
Protocol at 44m49s

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
There's w bunch of threads here with Rich Vank's protocol.

I think there is a thread dedicated to it in the methylation forum.

Also people here use Freddd's. And hr recommends brands. There's a lot if info to wade through.

I have the info on my computer but I'm too lazy to get it. Solgar metafolin, enzymatic therapy mb12. I use Jarrow. Country life. Source naturals dibencozide.

All I can rememebr off the top of my head.

Helen

I don't know when he recorded the video
This was recorded in October, 2011 when he had a seminar in Sweden one year before he so sadly passed away, The original video, with better quality, is in this link
http://iaomt.media.fnf.nu/2/skovde_2011_me_kroniskt_trotthetssyndrom/${weburl}

The suggested protocol that you posted was the most simple, cheap and easy to follow but in his posts, and I think in the video, you can see that he knew a lot more about the substances and the co-factors in the methylation cycle. He suggested me to test adenosylcobalamin to support the Kreb´s cycle which did wonders to me and still do (Source naturals dibencozide). If you had a 23andme test you can get an idea from the result of the genotyping of MTHFR if you might have a normal or a mich higher need for folate than "normal" (e.g. without mutations). Just some thoughts...

Bansaw

He suggested me to test adenosylcobalamin to support the Kreb´s cycle which did wonders to me and still do (Source naturals dibencozide).
Thanks, did you try Adeno B12 +Hydroxo B12 , or did this Dibencozide work better then those two combined?
(I did take a MTHR test and you can see the results in my sig, but also want to take a 23andme soon.)

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
People here have all sorts if different responses to the various protocols.

Some her cant tolerate mb12 but at ok with HB12. Some take some things once a week.

Everyone seems to have to work out what works best for them. It's all trial and error

Helen

Thanks, did you try Adeno B12 +Hydroxo B12 , or did this Dibencozide work better then those two combined?
(I did take a MTHR test and you can see the results in my sig, but also want to take a 23andme soon.)
I´m on methylcobalamin injections since many years so I added AdCbl / adenoB12 to that. If you study the methylation cycle ( the folate ~ and the methionine ~) you´ll see that the Kreb´s cycle might be affected by a lowered methylation due to lack of substances in this. So for some people it makes a real change, probably due to higher levels of ATP and mitochondria activity, to add substances needed in the Kreb´s cycle too (AdCbl, carnitine-fumarate, Q10, etcetera).

Your need for methylfolate is probably increased, from food or supplements, as you have a MTHFR1298 polymorphism.
I don´t know what impact a MTHFR3 mutation might have on enzyme activity. I think the MTHFR data that you already have are enough to tell that you should care about sufficient intake of folate. No tests can tell how much you should take. It is a matter of trial and error as you probably already noticed from all the posts and individual struggles. The end product of methylation, glutathione, might also be put on demand by the body from e.g. infections and toxins.

Bansaw

@Bansaw Here is the thread on Rich VanK's protocol.
Thanks, that thread was started in 2010 though. I know there have been advances in the past couple of years.
I'm seeing my doc soon. She's actually quite good on Methylation and even wrote a book on it (!) , however, she's been slow to get me started, and can be a bit dogmatic.