• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Lerner died...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOC

I just heard that Dr Lerner passed away today. Can another current patient of his confirm or deny this?

SOC

I don't know though. I haven't heard anything. It will be sad if true though.
I heard it from a patient who is currently there, so I'm pretty sure it's true. :(

He was an amazing doctor and a caring person. He made an immeasurable difference in the lives of my family. This is a huge loss to the ME/CFS community.

Ema

I heard it from a patient who is currently there, so I'm pretty sure it's true. :(

He was an amazing doctor and a caring person. He made an immeasurable difference in the lives of my family. This is a huge loss to the ME/CFS community.
I think it's true too unfortunately but it's still third hand knowledge. I'll feel better about repeating it when they post something on the website.

SOC

I think it's true too unfortunately but it's still third hand knowledge. I'll feel better about repeating it when they post something on the website.
Exactly why I don't want to put it about as fact yet. :) If he did die today, it will likely be a few days (at least) before the information gets up on the website.

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
Here is a link to his funeral home.
So sad. He was such a great support and help to our community.

ETA from the funeral home site :
You can watch the funeral services online through the above link.
I cut and pasted some of what was written there.

Dr. A. Martin Lerner, 86, of Birmingham, Michigan, died on 05 October 2015.

A Funeral will be held at The Davidson/Hermelin Chapel at Clover Hill Park on Wednesday, 07 October 2015 at 3:30 PM.

Rabbi Harold Loss and Cantorial Soloist Neil Michaels will officiate.

Click here to watch the live video of the funeral service.

Interment at Clover Hill Park Cemetery.
Click for Directions for Cemetery

The family of Dr. A. Martin Lerner will be gathering through the evening of Thursday, October 08 at the residence, ED : to remove home address and phone #
Religious Services will be held at 7:00 P.M. Wednesday and Thursday Evenings.

THE FAMILY WILL GATHER IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE BURIAL AT CLOVER HILL THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING AND WILL GATHER THURSDAY AFTERNOON UNTIL 5:00 P.M, AND FROM 6:30 P.M. UNTIL 8:30 P.M. THURSDAY EVENING.

Last edited:

beaker

ME/cfs 1986

I never saw him, but have friends who did. By all accounts he was a very caring person.
He did research that benefited us all.

Since I did not know him personally, I think what makes me saddest, is the way it marks time for MEcfs . He was 86 and spent a long portion of his life with and working on MEcfs.
We are all living a very sad history of medicine.

BTW
I forgot to put that at the end of the page ( I didn't put the second half on here, as it listed family names and that seemed too invasive ) there was this:

It is suggested that those who wish to further honor the memory of Dr. A. Martin Lerner may do so by making a contribution to:

A Charity of Your Choice

Perhaps we need to think about doing some fundraising in his honor ? And perhaps a condolences thread to print out and send to his family ?

Last edited:

msf

What a shame...It´s amazing he carried on seeing patients until this year, and another indictment of the health system that he felt he had to.

Status
Not open for further replies.