• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

anyone used bicillin injections

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Ceftriaxone is mentioned alot but wondering if many have used bicillin for lyme, I have found it googling but not many personal experiences.

i have seen dosing frequency from once a month to 2 to 4 times a week.

From what i have read the iv and im injections work much better for neuro lyme . Bicillin is only used im and is slow release. Said to dam hurt but lidocaine is used a apart of injection reduces any pain.

like to hear peoples opinions
cheers .

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I had it last year for 2 months, my fatigue and other symptoms just got worse and worse, previously had had a month on IV ceftriaxone and felt great, so much better, brain inflammation reduced, more energy etc. I think one of the reasons I felt worse was because I didn't address the cysts and no de-tox so to speak. Only because I found it hard to take GSE and milk thistle. I'd do it differently if I did it again. It'd definitely be worth a few months on it, and no the injections never hurt once, I had a family friend who used to be in charge of a cardiac ward doing them, she was brilliant, no substitute for experience:)

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I had it last year for 2 months, my fatigue and other symptoms just got worse and worse, previously had had a month on IV ceftriaxone and felt great, so much better, brain inflammation reduced, more energy etc. I think one of the reasons I felt worse was because I didn't address the cysts and no de-tox so to speak. Only because I found it hard to take GSE and milk thistle. I'd do it differently if I did it again. It'd definitely be worth a few months on it, and no the injections never hurt once, I had a family friend who used to be in charge of a cardiac ward doing them, she was brilliant, no substitute for experience:)

Do you think bicillin was also treating the cyst form and u got die off symptoms?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
No it doesn't get to the cysts only the spirochetes, well at least in my case that's what I thought but Eva Sapi found it did kill cysts in vitro...so what do I know????
I thought you had to take a cyst buster and something to break up biofilms as well. I think it was just toxins from the dying borrelia, overloaded me and no liver support etc. like I said. Inbetween injections I presumed the cysts just morphed into spiro's so I was basically fighting a losing battle from day one. I just got sicker and sicker, and gave up injections after the last one on my birthday end of October. Then Xmas day hit the deck with 3 active viruses, and was bedbound for a week - I presume as a result of a suppressed immune system. Bad time/memories for me really:(

For Lyme if you want to do the abx route then best to take 2/3 types of abx .This is a good link.
http://www.treatlyme.net/treat-lyme-book/kills-lyme-germs-a-brief-antibiotic-guide

littlebird6180

Bicillin cured me of my lyme. It took about 6 months of injections 3x a week but I felt dramatically better after the first two weeks. I tried EVERYTHING before then. Everyone responds so differently but for me, none of the oral abx did anything. I've been lyme free since 2008 now and I don't think I'd be alive if I hadn't gotten on bicillin. I'm happy to answer any questions and help in any way.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Glad to hear that @littlebird6180 , always good to hear recovery stories, I had high hopes for the Bicillin but it just didn't pan out for me, guess we all react so differently.

littlebird6180

Glad to hear that @littlebird6180 , always good to hear recovery stories, I had high hopes for the Bicillin but it just didn't pan out for me, guess we all react so differently.

that's one of the many awful things about lyme--what works for one person can have the opposite effect for others. so you just can't really base your choices on what works for others. A couple of my friends got very sick from bicillin where it was a lifesaver for me. I ended up in the ER when I took azythromycin from sudden hearing loss and had another awful reaction on Ceftin.

I did also do pulse therapy with flagyl toward the end to burst the cyst forms of lyme. I also have to note that I didn't think I was cured because I still felt so run down but decided I wanted a break from all the injections and pills and my doctor agreed. I went on a raw food diet and then stopped everything and suddenly felt a surge of energy. The antibiotics can really run you down after a while too and so even when the lyme was killed, it wasn't until I finally went off the antibiotics that I realized the last residual effects were from the antibiotics and not lyme. And luckily that was it for me.