• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Soce inhibitors

sillysocks84

By inhibiting the calcium pathway with soce inhibitors asthma and allergies will be better controlled. They also found that mitochondrial energy will be preserved. I also have heard soce can inhibit mast cells. I'll post a link to an article after the jump.

valentinelynx

I do really well with Advil. It's very helpful for me.

I did really well on Advil, too... until I discovered it was destroying my small intestine. Had anemia, figured it was from gastritis from NSAIDs. Made sure to take proton pump inhibitors with ibuprofen; anemia persisted. Upper and lower scopes showed nothing. Pill Cam study showed multiple ulcers and scars. Turns out that PPIs makes NSAID enteropathy worse! Now my small intestine is still full of ulcers, bleeds and loses protein, despite my being off NSAIDs for many months. I miss my NSAIDS: only thing that really helped joint pain, but they were killing my gut. My iron levels were astonishingly low. So, please be careful. NSAID enteropathy is apparently very widespread, but little known because it can't be seen on endoscopy, only on expensive PillCam or equivalent small intestine study.