• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFS Selfies Posts Good Days, Bad Days Photos on Instagram

Seven7

Seven
Seeing those selfies makes me wonder if I am the only one that gets sooo inflamed in the face, when I take picture you can see one side drooping and swollen, at work now people close to me tell me WOW you look so swaollen today when I am in bad shape people can tell!!!

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.
Seeing those selfies makes me wonder if I am the only one that gets sooo inflamed in the face, when I take picture you can see one side drooping and swollen, at work now people close to me tell me WOW you look so swaollen today when I am in bad shape people can tell!!!

Funny you should mention it, the young woman who started CFS Selfies says in this video
That her face swells up, too, and that the project will help people to compare notes on such things.

She got sick when she was 10 and is now 16.

It's a 19 minute video.

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
I don't think my looks change that much from good day to bad day.

Several times people have told me that I'm looking great when I'm feeling like death warmed over. And I've had other days where I'm feeling okay, relatively speaking, and people tell me that I'm looking very tired or pale or something.

So I don't think this photo thing would work for me.

But if it is helping others to raise awareness of ME then that's great!