• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can damaged axons regenerate their membranes?

joe12

Since I suffer from chronic pain in the trigeminal area, I believe this is due to a chronic inflammation that not only stimulates action potentials but also from damaged membranes leaking calcium and sodium, although I don't know if neurons can survive this kind of leaky membranes, but I guess they could. My question is how could they be regenerated so that the pain stops, methyl b12, specific growth hormones? I know the first step is to block the damaging inflammation thou.

Critterina

Since I suffer from chronic pain in the trigeminal area, I believe this is due to a chronic inflammation that not only stimulates action potentials but also from damaged membranes leaking calcium and sodium, although I don't know if neurons can survive this kind of leaky membranes, but I guess they could. My question is how could they be regenerated so that the pain stops, methyl b12, specific growth hormones? I know the first step is to block the damaging inflammation thou.
I know a couple of people who use a lot of coconut oil on their skin and in their diets to try to repair the myelin sheath on the nerves - I'm not sure whether that's what you're talking about when you say 'membranes' or whether it works.

joe12

I know a couple of people who use a lot of coconut oil on their skin and in their diets to try to repair the myelin sheath on the nerves - I'm not sure whether that's what you're talking about when you say 'membranes' or whether it works.
Cannot do that because my damaged nerves are inside the nose, its the trigeminal nerve.

Critterina

Cannot do that because my damaged nerves are inside the nose, its the trigeminal nerve.
Well, not sure it works either. But I see no reason you couldn't add it to your diet our put it on your arms and legs to get it in your system. Once inside you, it's mobile, isn't it?