• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Turns out I have lyme disease - how does methyl B12 affect toxins?

It turns out my problems are due to lyme disease, which has shown some response to antibiotics. Does anyone know if there is any research on how methyl B12 and methylation in general interact with lyme toxins? (toxins produced from the lyme and not necessarily during die off). Many sources say that the body can sometimes not naturally detox these toxins... but I'm not sure if the issue is in methylation or something else. What happens when methyl B12 interacts with a toxin in general? (whats the detailed explanation if possible). Does methyl B12 cause the cell to open up and release toxins?

Thanks!

Ice

Hi,

Use Chorlella to detox the toxins!
Borellia blocks MTR and MTRR! Very clever one!So methylation support is a good idea!