• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Myhill receives BMA commendation for her book

DrMyhillBMA_zpsyaay0xqd.jpg

It would be nice if this was the beginning of a change in attitude of the medical establishment towards Sarah's work but I won't be holding my breath.

Does anyone know how the books were chosen? Were they decided by committee or voted on by patients?

Andy

ps. for those outside of the UK, BMA is the British Medical Association.

Effi

Has anyone here been helped by using Sarah Myhill's book or website without testing and consultation from her?
I took some tips from her website a long time ago, especially nutritional info (the coffee + coconut oil/cocoa powder treats come to mind). Also watched a couple of her videos, can't remember where. Some of it was helpful. She did make it seem like 'getting over' ME was not that big a deal. But again, I only took pieces of her info. The fact that she shares a lot of her info for free I think is very commendable.

JamBob

Good for her to get some recognition for her efforts on behalf of patients.

Here's betting the BS forumites will be apoplectic with fury over this.