• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Persistent Immune Activation in CVID and the Role of IVIg in its Suppression

Ema

As it becomes more and more likely that MECFS is about inflammation and inappropriate immune system activation rather than pathogen load per se, this research on IVIG in CVID looks to be extremely applicable.

Full text here:

It has become clear that defects in the immune system in CVID go beyond humoral immunity with significant changes and persistent activation of the cellular immune system, involving dendritic cells (DCs), CD8 T cells, CD4 T cells, invariant natural killer T (iNKT) cells, and regulatory T cells (Tregs). The treatment for CVID is IgG replacement, often given as intravenous immunoglobulins (IVIg).

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I think theres more an autoinflammatory aspect of cfsme more so than autoimmune which is commonly mentioned. Autoinflammatory diseases seem to have issues with their innate immune system causing systemic inflammation which seems to happen in many cfsers where autoimmune have more issues with adaptive immunity??

hi everyone,
i'm new here. I have both diagnosed ME and diagnosed CVID. i get IVIg infusions every four weeks. they help a little with the fatigue, but not a lot. the only thing the infusions really help me with is not getting infections.

valentinelynx

I have CVID that developed in recent years, as a consequence of whatever ME/CFS/Lyme/Bartonella has been doing to my body for the past 24 years. I also have several odd autoantibodies. My very smart persistent doctor has convinced the insurance companies to allow me to receive IVIG. Unfortunately I probably need more than they will allow to adequately treat the autoimmune issues. But at least it is helping my immune system to function.