• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tips for Finding Reliable Prescription-Free Online Pharmacies

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
A different question:

Where can i get a pharmacy script for europe, with the medicationa i want?
I heard there was some doctors in cyprus doing this..anyone heard about it?

Does it not say anywhere in the thread? If not, I think most threads you will find by searching 'online pharmacies' here will tell you.

I recommend Goldpharma, but it depends what you want.

Hi there guys I just want your opinion on whether you think the 5-meds.com website is safe to use. And if any of you have bought something from it. The page is identical to the canadapharmacy24h.com which is rated as #1 on the rxstars.net website - that seems like legit enough to me to buy propecia from them. Do you think the website safe as well?

Hip

Scamadviser says the site is just 155 days old, so that's not enough time for either a good or bad reputation to become apparent. So you are dealing with a complete unknown. I take it you are aware of post finasteride syndrome; it's important to know the risks.

Last edited:
I mean it says that it is CPA approved so I e-mailed CPA - that, in my opinion, is probably the best way to check it but they haven't e-mailed yet.

Hip

Do you mean unknown, @Hip?

Thanks, yes, I meant "unknown". I have fixed it now.

And I always get a friendly and timely response from their support team. So would you recommend that I order pills from that website?

I prefer to do business with a more established pharmacy. 5-meds.com are not even that cheap. If you look at 5-meds.com's prices for finasteride, you will see that super-cheap pharmacies such as alldaychemist.com (which is an established cheap but reliable pharmacy) are selling for around half the price, compared to 5-meds.com.

And very high quality pharmacies like inhousepharmacy.vu are only slightly more expensive than 5-meds.com.

I mean it says that it is CPA approved so I e-mailed CPA - that, in my opinion, is probably the best way to check it but they haven't e-mailed yet.

Who are the CPA may I ask, and why do you think they may be the best way to check the reliability of an online pharmacy?

Canadian pharmacy association I think because that webpage claims to be approved by them oh and I am using 5-meds.com because they can ship from germany - I need the medication to be shipped from the EU since in that very case it is not subjected to the customs control because I once ordered those very pills from Russia they arrived and at customs they refused to let it through so if you know of any cheaper and reliable website that ships from within the European Union then please let me know. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Hip

I need the medication to be shipped from the EU since in that very vase it is not subjected to the customs control because I one ordered those very pills from Russia they arrived and at customs they refused to let it through so if you know of any cheaper and reliable website that ships from within the European Union then please let me know. Thanks

Yes that's the unfortunate thing with Canadian law: like the US, UK and Australia, Canada allows 3 month's worth of prescription medications to be imported from a foreign country, provided they are for personal use; however, the law in Canada stipulates that you personally must take these drugs across the Canadian border. So Canadian law makes it impossible in practical terms to import prescription medications, unless you are prepared to fly them in yourself, or cross the US-Canada border with them.

So I appreciate why you need to have your pharmaceuticals shipped from somewhere like the EU, which Canadian customs will be less likely to check. I don't know of any other pharmacies that can ship from the EU. Presumably shipping from the US would be fine for you also. A good list of reliable pharmacies is found here, so you could email some on this list and ask if they can ship from the EU or US.

I would think that 5-meds.com should be safe enough, if that's your only recourse at the moment.

Thanks that is what I needed to hear because I am really anxious about buying prescription medications from the Internet (yeah one might say ask your doctor for one but some of them are not even willing to give you one and if they do you often need refills plus prescription medicine in my case -propecia- is really expensive when bought in a local pharmacy - so as someone who is not exactly rich this is my only chance) and I mean technically I could get it from the UK as well (I live in Europe by the way and here you are not allowed to take ANY prescripion medicine without the consent of your doctor whatsoever - at least in the country I live in) but this was the cheapest website I found and it also claims to be CDA and MINA approved - that is why I e-mailed those organisations - to check whether that website is not fraudulent.

By the way shall I trust rxstars.net - to me it seems legit however it is listed as "rogue pharmacy" at the aforementioned (cannot remember the name of that organisation) website which evoked laughter in me since they are not selling anything - that just proves that the website listing pharmacies as "rogue" just wants to stop people from getting prescription medication - one message to those (sorry for the mean word but I think it is true) idiots - What about the case when your only bet is the prescription medication your doctor for reasons best known to himself does not want to prescribe to you? Did it not occur to you that this might be their only chance? No, because you only want money. Fair enough. And yeah 5-meds.com is my best resource at the moment since I want to save by splitting 5mg propecia into 4 parts - 1mg propecia seems like a giant rip-off to me. Do you agree?

As to finasteride syndrome should I experience any side effects from propecia be sure that I will discontinue it immediately and try something different. And know that I have spent days researching information about this drug, reading forums etc. so I will be very cautious if I start taking it. I even asked some doctors on forums so I think now I just need to get some genuine generic pills and try this method out.

Last edited:

Hip

Thanks that is what I needed to hear because I am really anxious about buying prescription medications from the Internet

I have had quite a bit of experience with online prescription-free pharmacies, and the worst thing that happened to me was that, after I bought some medications, I found my credit card details got used fraudulently. This is no big deal for an individual though, as the credit card company covers this.

I live in Europe by the way and here you are not allowed to take ANY prescripion medicine without the consent of your doctor whatsoever - at least in the country I live in

I doubt that the law in your country prevents you from taking prescription medicine without a prescription — though certainly you may be prohibited from buying prescription medications in your country, if you don't have a prescription.

But the law in most countries does allow you to buy and import 3 month's worth of prescription medications, and to do this without a prescription if the overseas pharmacy you buy from does not require one (by the laws in the country where the pharmacy is located).

that just proves that the website listing pharmacies as "rogue" just wants to stop people from getting prescription medication

Yes, your are referring to LegitScript, who label many excellent and highly reliable pharmacies as "rogue". This is indeed seems to be done to try to prevent the public from buying cheaper generic drugs from abroad. So if any pharmacy has been labelled as "rogue" by LegitScript, just ignore that.

Fair enough. And yeah 5-meds.com is my best resource at the moment since I want to save by splitting 5mg propecia into 4 parts - 1mg propecia seems like a giant rip-off to me. Do you agree?

Yes, to save money it is often a good idea to buy a higher dose pill and cut the pill into smaller parts.

By the way, for a hair loss treatment, there are a number of good supplements that work well, such as saw palmetto, astaxanthin, evening primrose oil, biotin (inhibit 5-alpha reductase & DHT), as well as topical minoxidil, which you can by very cheaply as Kirkland minoxidil on the UK eBay. I myself have always used these supplements as well as minoxidil, and find they work well.

Last edited:
Brandmedicine.com ship from europe, if that helps
Yes sure it helps! Thanks a lot!
I doubt that the law in your country prevents you from taking prescription medicine without a prescription — though certainly you may be prohibited from buying prescription medications in your country, if you don't have a prescription.
Yeah you are right - just wrongly expressed myself
By the way are you fighting hair loss too hip? If so what product has helped you the most?

Hip

By the way are you fighting hair loss too hip? If so what product has helped you the most?

Biotin 1000 mcg daily plus topical 5% minoxidil has worked very well for me. If I need an extra boost, I add to that saw palmetto, and/or evening primrose. These inhibit 5AR and DHT, which are one of the main causes of male pattern hair loss. If I take the complete set of supplements, I notice lots of new hair growing within 3 weeks. More info here.

Finasteride also works by inhibiting 5AR, but I prefer to use a set of several supplements to inhibit 5AR and DHT, rather than finasteride, as that drug has too many side effects and advertise events for my liking.

has worked very well for me.
What do you mean by that? Please define very well - have you regrown some hair or prevented it from falling out completely? :) And did you have a shed when hopping on minox? And would you say that saw palmetto has been of any help?

Hip

I just did a little more investigation into those approvals by CIPA, CPA and MIPA on the 5-meds.com website, and I now think these are fake approvals, which would mean that the 5-meds.com pharmacy should be viewed very suspiciously.

If you look at any of the pharmacies on the CIPA full member list page — take the pharmacy www.blueskydrugs.com for example — you see that you can click on the CIPA badge on the blueskydrugs.com website, and this opens up a new window showing the official CIPA certificate for that pharmacy. However, on the 5-meds.com website, if you click on the CIPA badge, nothing happens.

And 5-meds.com is not listed in the CIPA full member list page either.

So I think 5-meds.com likely has a fake CIPA badge, and therefore think this pharmacy should be avoided.

I think most of them are trustworthy. There are lot's of brands appeared on a pills market. Most of them are coming from India. These eneric drugs are manufactured by famous Cipla, Ranbaxy and others. The price is from 3$/pill till 0.50$ / pill all depends on people who promote it. If it is easy to find through google search that will be expensive otherwise it will be harder to find it.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I have just encountered a problem with Goldpharma, at least it is for me. I bought the meds, then instead of asking me to pay by card as usual I was asked to 'fund my wallet' which of course has to be done by international transfer, which I have never done before. I tried through my online banking, but couldn't get it to work, so tried phoning but they are too busy. Luckily I am going into town tomorrow, so hope to sort it out in the branch, but have wasted about an hour getting stressed, when I could have been chatting with you lovely people!