• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

blood pooling- anything that helps?

alice111

Hi guys, wondering if anyone has any treatments that have helped with blood pooling in the legs. This is a major symptom for me, even sitting upright with legs down, and standing... Whole other thing... The blood just seems to hangout in my legs :(

Any suggestions?

I have tried compression stockings which do help a little, but they are exhausting to get on!!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I have tried compression stockings which do help a little, but they are exhausting to get on!!
I use compression knee socks (easy to get on) and have combined that with an abdominal binder when I needed it. The knee socks help me mega.

taniaaust1

Its a pity that these stockings to the level of pressure we often need, become hard to get on. Other then that I don't know what else one can do for the pooling in certain places of body. I myself cant sit with legs down so I do thinks like have a stool in my shower to put my legs on as well as having my shower chair there. My wheelchair is a special one which I use legs up.

this is a big issue as it means I cant do things like sit at a sink to do the dishes cause my legs up is in the way.

Seven7

Seven
vassocontriction drug (midodrine) or supplement (Butcher's Broom). Do leg strength "exercise" while laying down.

I used to do 3 squats every time before peeing (so I remember). legs lifts while laying down..... The idea is if you have enough muscles, it will squeeze the veins naturally so it will do the compression naturally for you.

I know own a recumbent bike so still working on it.