• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

hypothalamus extract

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Anyone tried hypothalamus extract?? I found this after looking into the adrenal extract brand i use. It say its used for adrenal fatigue and the half dozen reviews on it say it has helped people to sleep when they use it at night and has helped with adrenal fatigue as well. One person said that it turned them into a sex machine(they must be a rep for the company, lol).

cheers!!!

lizw118

Anyone tried hypothalamus extract?? I found this after looking into the adrenal extract brand i use. It say its used for adrenal fatigue and the half dozen reviews on it say it has helped people to sleep when they use it at night and has helped with adrenal fatigue as well. One person said that it turned them into a sex machine(they must be a rep for the company, lol).

cheers!!!

I realize this post is four years old but I am investigating this treatment as well and came across the same reviews. Has anyone tried hypothalamus extract? I am curious how it affected you, if so? Thanks

Tammy

I do remember a member here that liked it.......cant remember name?.............you might try search button.

Dufresne

almost there...
I've tried a number of glandulars and my results line up with Dr Cheney's findings: bison heart was the best; brain was good; adrenal, pituitary, and hypothalamus were bad.

Cheney has stated adrenal glandular should never be given to someone with ME/CFS. However I'm stubborn and insist on trying everything I think might be beneficial. Using any of the HPA axis glandulars gave me orthostatic intolerance. I'm happy this was temporary.

It's odd because I suspect my hypothalamus is more in need of regeneration than anything, as I suffer from biotoxin illness. I'd wondered if maybe the negative results weren't a sort of shutting down of full services while the glands were being rebuilt. As I didn't notice any improvement following the temporary setbacks I concluded this wasn't the case.

Indeed there was a member on the forum who developed OI after, I think, adrenal glandular and it didn't resolve itself.

My experience with glandulars has been that the effects are short-lived. They're the most potent the first time, and then it wanes from there. The first time I used bison heart my resting heart rate went from about 85 bpm down to 62 overnight. My heart rate had never been that low. Nowadays I find there's still a slight boost when I use heart, but it's nothing to write home about.

Interestingly I've found the same waning of effect with homeopathy. I wonder if these interventions don't work similarly.

lizw118

I've tried a number of glandulars and my results line up with Dr Cheney's findings: bison heart was the best; brain was good; adrenal, pituitary, and hypothalamus were bad.

Cheney has stated adrenal glandular should never be given to someone with ME/CFS. However I'm stubborn and insist on trying everything I think might be beneficial. Using any of the HPA axis glandulars gave me orthostatic intolerance. I'm happy this was temporary.

It's odd because I suspect my hypothalamus is more in need of regeneration than anything, as I suffer from biotoxin illness. I'd wondered if maybe the negative results weren't a sort of shutting down of full services while the glands were being rebuilt. As I didn't notice any improvement following the temporary setbacks I concluded this wasn't the case.

Indeed there was a member on the forum who developed OI after, I think, adrenal glandular and it didn't resolve itself.

My experience with glandulars has been that the effects are short-lived. They're the most potent the first time, and then it wanes from there. The first time I used bison heart my resting heart rate went from about 85 bpm down to 62 overnight. My heart rate had never been that low. Nowadays I find there's still a slight boost when I use heart, but it's nothing to write home about.

Interestingly I've found the same waning of effect with homeopathy. I wonder if these interventions don't work similarly.
Thank you for the report. Bummer that the HPA stuff did not work. I ordered some, so I guess I will give it a try. I wonder why the brain supp worked but not the other glandulars for HPA axis.

Dufresne

almost there...
I should clarify: Cheney only ever said adrenal glandular was contraindicated in ME/CFS. For me, though, there was no difference in effect between adrenal, hypothalamus and pituitary.

I hope it does something good for you. I know many who claim adrenal glandular was supportive, so Cheney's word is not necessarily gospel.

I'm very early days playing in the glandular extract park at the moment. Took a while to get here because the idea of taking cow glands is rather revolting, really.

The entire adrenal glandular I took was WAY too overstimulating. Yuk, yuk. Horrid. I can't see how this would help anyone with CFS, which is perhaps where the contraindication comes in.

Next up I tried the the adrenal cortex extract because I'm subborn like @Dufresne and like nothing better than spending my non-xistent money supply on yet another supplement :) The cortex extract doesnt contain the parts of the gland that produce the adrenaline hormones. I've switched to taking 50mg only every other night because I don't want to overdrive anything. But it's definitely helping me. Not overstimulating like the whole glandular. I went for a walk yesterday, walked twice as far as I did before taking them, and the monitor indicated my heart rate took longer to get to that extreme CFS number of 105 :). I don't know if there's a link between the two.

I started on hypothalamus glandulars only last week. For those too I have begun taking them every other night, before bed because they seem to be helping with better sleep. It's far too early to say what they are doing, but I'm hopeful. I feel both a little more fatigued since I started taking them, and at the same time I'm feeling a little less fatigued. Which doesn't make any sense but I don't know how else to explain it. Perhaps the less fatigue is the adrenal glandulars kicking in and the more fatigue is increased detoxification? But it feels like something different is going on in my body, as if it's doing more cleaning out. Who knows?

I'm very early days playing in the glandular extract park at the moment. Took a while to get here because the idea of taking cow glands is rather revolting, really.

Any update on your symptoms? Did you find the adrenal cortex helpful in the long term?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any update on your symptoms? Did you find the adrenal cortex helpful in the long term?

Yes, I think it is. I'm now taking it twice a day. I've got another bottle that I'm going to take and then I think I'll have a rest and see what happens. My fatigue has lessened and my brain fog too. I was already seeing some improvement before taking these so I don't know if I can attribute it all to the cortex. But it's certainly been beneficial for me for sure.