• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A vaccine against the deadly Ebola virus has led to 100% protection

alex3619

@Bob - wow - that's great news! (the medical powers-that-be can move fast when they want to ....)
I just hope they can move fast when good treatments for ME start being scientifically vaiidated.

Stopping Ebola could save millions. For those in Ebola zones this could be fantastic. I do hope they properly safety test it before rolling it out across Africa though.

Hip

So why on Earth isn't someone considering creating a coxsackievirus B / echovirus vaccine, that would stand a very good chance of preventing most cases of ME/CFS, apart from those triggered by EBV, and a few rarer ME/CFS-associated pathogens.

Or is only death considered serious, but a lifetime wasted to ME/CFS is just considered medically trivial, not worth bothering about. There's only 17 million of us ME/CFS patients worldwide, languishing in miserable limbo, so I guess they think it's not worth developing a vaccine for us.

Though even if medical authorities only consider death as serious enough to pull their fingers out and get on with it, in the following thread I calculated that coxsackievirus B is probably killing 36,000 people per year in the US alone, by precipitating sudden heart attacks, likely due to coxsackievirus B heart infection:

Coxsackievirus B vaccine appears feasible, and might conceivably abolish ME/CFS in future

I actually had experience of such virally-induced heart attacks: as the enterovirus which triggered my ME/CFS spread to friends, family and acquaintances, it precipitated sudden heart attacks in three previously very healthy people. One of them died, another had viral myocarditis for many months after.

It amazes me sometimes how slow medical science is in putting two and two together when it comes to apparent infectious pathogenic causes of death and disease.

Last edited:

Large Donner

alex3619 said:
I do hope they properly safety test it before rolling it out across Africa though.
That's probably how they intend to safety test it.

Well seeing as CDC whistleblowers are saying the CDC shreds data and chucks it in the garbage can when it relates to massive increases in health related risks from certain vaccines in black people, they have this one well and truly stitched up for Africa. Its 100% safe!!!

........."All the authors and I met and decided sometime between August and September 2002, not to report any race effects from the paper. Sometime soon after the meeting, we decided to exclude reporting any race effects. The co-authors scheduled a meeting to destroy documents related to the study. The remaining four co-authors all met and brought a big garbage can into the meeting room, and reviewed and went through all the hardcopy documents that we had thought we should discard, and put them into a huge garbage can."